Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a '06 R/T and looking for a decent Dodge dealer to get maintenance and some basic work done.

I used to go to Freeway Dodge in Ridgewood, NJ but apparently they couldnt afford their rent or something and had to close. :errf: It sucks cause that shop was really kick-ass.

I live in Queens, NY but work in Nutley NJ and so I'd like to find a decent, well-run shop with amicable people.

Your help is HIGHLY appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I bought my car at Totawa Dodge and have used them for routine service. No complaints, but nothing has stood out as stellar either. Though, with just routine maintenance, they have not really had a chance to shine or fail for me yet.

Totawa Dodge is a small town dealership.. not one of the large highway complexes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totawa Dodge is a small town dealership.. not one of the large highway complexes.
This is exactly the type of shop I am looking for. I dont know where Totawa is but I'll look it up after I post here. Freeway Dodge was the same way: small-town service and support feel to it. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the extent of frustration and idiocy most 'big' NYC-area dealerships can cause.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
From Nutley.. take 3 West
Continue on 46 West from where 3 and 46 Merge.
about 2 miles past the merge (guestimate) turn right onto Union Blvd.
Go about 3 miles up Union Blvd..
Totawa Dodge is on your right.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Whatever you do, dont go to Paramus Dodge on rt. 4 in Paramus. They suck big donkey balls and wont work on your car unless it was bought there. The service manager has a very big attitude.

·
Registered
391 Posts
they ALL suck imo

·
Registered
418 Posts
i know that dodge in paramus.. the one that always has a charger on 22s out front and i think i saw recently a SRT-10.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my car at Totawa Dodge and have used them for routine service. No complaints, but nothing has stood out as stellar either. Though, with just routine maintenance, they have not really had a chance to shine or fail for me yet.

Just following up. I went to Totowa Dodge and had some brake work done. Pleasant experience, no jerks in that shop that I met. Service was very good and the price was ok I guess. In any event, way better experience than what I would see in NYC.

Thanks for the recommendation, birddog.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
dealer that doesn't suck? :confused:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just following up. I went to Totowa Dodge and had some brake work done. Pleasant experience, no jerks in that shop that I met. Service was very good and the price was ok I guess. In any event, way better experience than what I would see in NYC.

Thanks for the recommendation, birddog.
Good.. I am glad they worked out for you.

Did they have any '08s on the lot? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did they have any '08s on the lot? :)
I didnt see any but I wasnt really looking for them. I'm trying to ignore all new Chargers for fear of making an impulse buy and trading in my '06. :knockout:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I didnt see any but I wasnt really looking for them. I'm trying to ignore all new Chargers for fear of making an impulse buy and trading in my '06. :knockout:
LOL... You are smarter than me

If I were to walk in there and there was a nice '08 SRT8 with the right set of options --- Well let's just say the back seat had better be comfortable, because I'd probably end up sleeping in the car for a while. :knockout:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts