Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so about a year ago I take my Charger to the dealership because I sometimes feel a little vibration under the gas peddle. I thought maybe it was my suspension but it wasn't. I've been seeing a lot of threads lately about tie-rods needing replaced.

What do you guys think it is? It doesn't bother me that much but I have the lifetime warranty and the dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong.

As you can see I've had the problem for a year so it isn't causing me too much grief but if it is the tie-rod I should get it fixed.

Curious what you guys think!

Almost forgot:

Hi Dan :wave:
Hi Todd :wave:
Hi Patrick :wave:
Hi Robin :wave:
Hi Trev :wave:
Hi Turtle :wave:
Hi Julio :wave:

Hi Everyone :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Robin :wave:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Todd :wave:

He looks like he could fix it :D

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Check your tires. If you have uneven wear it could be the rods. Also I had a shimmy and uneven wear because a pot hole took a chunk out of one of my tires.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check your tires. If you have uneven wear it could be the rods. Also I had a shimmy and uneven wear because a pot hole took a chunk out of one of my tires.
I'll check that out. I definitely have the warped rotors. I'll check the tires tonight. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi LD :wave:

Is it usually at certain speeds that the gas peddle vibrates??

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dan :wave:

Patrick :slap: :biggrinjester:

I feel that vibration under the throttle at various speeds...sometimes on the highway somtimes in town. It's only when the car is moving :driving:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately, it happens around 60 and 25-35. It pretty much happens all the time. If I'm coasting I don't feel it so much.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Wheels spin differently at different speeds. If it is a wheel related issue that could be the cause of the intermittent shimmy. :banana:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wheels spin differently at different speeds. If it is a wheel related issue that could be the cause of the intermittent shimmy. :banana:
:bigthumb: I know I need new rotors for sure.

Don't worry about it...I'm getting you an SRT.
Thanks! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts