Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my SRT-8 since 12/05. It's had some paint spots since day 1, but now that my wife is driving it almost daily they seem to get worse. Nothing seems to have any effect on them. The car has only 5900 miles. Is there a TSB on this? Any possibility of getting any dealer assistance for this issue? Any potential fix for this issue other than a repaint? thanks

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What do you mean by paint spots? Have you tried clay baring it to see if they come out?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Find any dodge dealer and take it to them. Paint is under warranty and they have to honor that. It doesnt matter where you bought the car. Oh yea dont call cause they will just give the run around. Go down there and let them look at it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
sorry about resurrecting a old thread.. but i have this problem since early ownership.. only now at 30k @ 20 months, its got so bad it was time to see the dealer.. well low and behold after 3 days of waiting for a new painted bumper.. I have dirt/dust under my paint.. got about 20 dimples & pimples, compound swirls down sides and 2 burn marks from a obvious bad buffer job to try cover up a faulty paint job.. Car was very clean when dropped-off, & the car was dirty/dusty when i picked up.. I went ahead and wiped the dust off the "newly" painted bumper and saw a $50 spray can paint job on a 35k car.. PISSED! so the car goes back next week.. they said they are going to try buff it out more, but I know its time for a complete strip and repaint.. "the right way" IT WILL BE FIXED.. I blind person with some rustoleum cans, could do better..I'll let everyone know what happens.. Sorry for the rant..

so anyone getting this pitting/etching in the paint, if you still have your bumper-to-bumper better get it to the dealer before its to late..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.