Charger Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for trying Rob but no luck. They still dont have the parts and @DodgeCares case manager took the dealer's word. I'm just going to pay and shut up. I still have no explanation on how outside influences could have caused a power steering failure. No accidents, no dirt roads, no mods at all. The dealer is the only one who ever opened the hood. 20k miles not a scratch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm getting used to it!!! Can't wait to try other dealers. I'm wearing out my welcome staying with friends over 100 miles away from home. Was visiting for the labor day weekend when it happened. I just called and he just got the paperwork from the mechanic saying it was ready. He said he will try to get the old part that they replaced so I can see what it was. How convenient !!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Thanks for trying Rob but no luck. They still dont have the parts and @DodgeCares case manager took the dealer's word. I'm just going to pay and shut up. I still have no explanation on how outside influences could have caused a power steering failure. No accidents, no dirt roads, no mods at all. The dealer is the only one who ever opened the hood. 20k miles not a scratch.
We apologize, cvap. You can always contact our customer care department via phone using the phone number below. We sincerely apologize that we're not able to assist further.
800-423-6343.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The case is closed with Dodge Cares. They are not willing or able to dispute the dealerships desicion. The dealer gave me the damaged wires that were connected to a three terminal plug and they just looked like the insulation was stripped off. If those wires which feed the power steering module, which failure while driving could be catastrophic, are in a location that can be damaged by"outside influences", that's a horribly dangerous design flaw and someone is going to get killed. I paid the now $451 bill and left. The steering motor is hanging lower than the splash guard and is about 6 inches off the ground. I don't know where these wires were in relation to that. So be careful and always be ready for Armstrong steering.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
cvap:
I would file a complaint with the NHTSA regarding your issue. Loss of steering is very much a safety item. If there are others with this issue, hopefully NHTSA will flex some muscle, and have Stellantis look into it. Save that receipt, as you might eventually see a partial or total refund.

Don

·
Registered
57 Posts
The case is closed with Dodge Cares. They are not willing or able to dispute the dealerships desicion. The dealer gave me the damaged wires that were connected to a three terminal plug and they just looked like the insulation was stripped off. If those wires which feed the power steering module, which failure while driving could be catastrophic, are in a location that can be damaged by"outside influences", that's a horribly dangerous design flaw and someone is going to get killed. I paid the now $451 bill and left. The steering motor is hanging lower than the splash guard and is about 6 inches off the ground. I don't know where these wires were in relation to that. So be careful and always be ready for Armstrong steering.
First, thanks for updating us. 2nd, you're saying the steering motor is now lower than it was before you took the car in? I wonder how that compares to any other Chargers like yours on the road? If it's lower than the splash guard can it not possibly get damaged easier even if by water if it's no longer being protected? I'm glad the issue is taken care of, but I'm sure I would be like you not liking that there's now something different about the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
@cvap Maybe look into posting your experience here?

The OP said "The case is closed with Dodge Cares. They are not willing or able to dispute the dealerships decision." I do think it's nice to be able to document such things, but at this time will doing so make a difference?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No no barnman, after I got the car back was the first time I actually layed on the ground to look under it and noticed lots of stuff lower than the splash guard right behind it. They couldn't of changed anything. I don't run too many dirt roads but now that i see how exposed everything is, I won't be doing any Dukes of Hazzard driving for sure. I bought the sxt for the AWD and its great on slippery roads but thats it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No no barnman, after I got the car back was the first time I actually layed on the ground to look under it and noticed lots of stuff lower than the splash guard right behind it. They couldn't of changed anything. I don't run too many dirt roads but now that i see how exposed everything is, I won't be doing any Dukes of Hazzard driving for sure. I bought the sxt for the AWD and its great on slippery roads but thats it.

Well then, it sounds like everything will be fine with your car; it's too bad it wasn't covered under warranty but I do understand. Sometimes I simply rather not haggle and just be done with it!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts