Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 19 sxt and power steering went. Got towed to dealer they say a plug was squished along steering column. Because its not a defective part it's not covered. I never been under the column!!! Shouldn't it be covered. Plus I'm stranded in another State.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Electrical type plug?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
cvap:
Is the repair being denied under the 3/36 bumper to bumper, or an extended warranty? Did you buy the Charger new? If so, unless they can find/document signs of abuse, or tinkering, it ought to be covered.
More information please.

Don

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Electrical type plug?
Yes he said
cvap:
Is the repair being denied under the 3/36 bumper to bumper, or an extended warranty? Did you buy the Charger new? If so, unless they can find/document signs of abuse, or tinkering, it ought to be covered.
More information please.

Don
I got it new less than 3years ago and always had the dealership do the oil. Different dealer though I am staying with family in ct. it happened at start up after not using it for 3 days

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
If you are the original purchaser, and still within the 3/36, it should have been covered. I would contact the corporate customer service folks, and ask for assistance. Under warranty, is just that, under warranty. Lacking any signs of abuse or intentional damage, it's on their dime. You are still under 36k, correct?

Don

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,181 Posts
Again,? Memory loss? Poor fellow...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Why would this not be covered? I don't understand that.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Why would this not be covered? I don't understand that.
Indeed. There is either more to this story or he's dealing with a poor dealer. That seems like a pretty cut and dried warranty repair to me.

Best,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only reason it may not be covered is if was mice that damaged it. They better keep the old parts or they will get a bad check or Visa will take care of it. And youd think mice would have been mentioned if they thought it was that. I never touched the car except to wax it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The only reason it may not be covered is if was mice that damaged it. They better keep the old parts or they will get a bad check or Visa will take care of it. And youd think mice would have been mentioned if they thought it was that. I never touched the car except to wax it.
Well, before you consider the "bad check" routine, just remember that this form of "protest" can negatively impact your credit and might cost you a LOT more than $300 in the long-run. At least with a credit card dispute, you put the onus on them to "prove you wrong".

Best,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I'm just pissed, I won't stiff anyone. I guess the best protest is switch brands next time. But for some reason, I like sedans. Not many to choose from. Maybe Lincoln, Cadillac or a Stinger if they still make them.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
cvap:
Your issue here, as I see it, is that the dealer is less than stellar. As Milkman says, they are hoping you will suck it up, and pay. Then, they will turn around and bill corporate for a warranty claim, and get paid twice.
Yet another example of a disingenuous dealer taking advantage of an out of town customer.

Were I in your shoes, I would follow up with corporate, for reimbursement. You might share the name of this "dealer" here, so others can avoid them.

Don

Reactions: DodgeGuy

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
No, I'm just pissed, I won't stiff anyone. I guess the best protest is switch brands next time. But for some reason, I like sedans. Not many to choose from. Maybe Lincoln, Cadillac or a Stinger if they still make them.
Lincoln no longer sells any sedans.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Twice I forked over $ to cover a disputed repair and sent the receipt and a detailed letter off to customer service (Ford) and received reimbursement. One time I was traveling and used a dealership and the second time it was a private garage i went to for a cheaper repair after a dealership denied the warranty claim.

Just saying this because there are options if you don't have time to argue with the dealership. Also, there should be a warranty rep in the dealership. They can escalate the claim on your behalf to corporate and can get a reply in as little as a couple hours. Otherwise, I would just pay out of pocket and seek a reimbursement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rob @DodgeCares started a case # thanks to this site, though I did tell the dealer to go ahead, its my only vehicle and I have to get back home to work. I 've had dodge trucks since the 70s and am too old to argue with people. I have to give them benefit of doubt incase it was animals even though they didn't mention it. Just crushed plug not covered with no details.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts