Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after buying the Charger last month, my brother made a snarky comment about the car not baing a "True Hemi".

Yesterday my sister in law and I went to see the new Halloween, and I mentioned the comment to her in passing, and how it rubbed my old man the wrong way. She shot back with "Well hes right, its not a true Hemi".

Why would they be saying this. Is there something I dont know? I told her that car has all the Hemi it needs, and then some. And I dont give a flying f^&* what my brother thought or her for that matter. It actually pissed me off.

So, are they just being total asses, or am I the stupid one and they are totally right?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Thier just haters cuz u got HEMI an they don't.:lol:
People get alot of envy when your on top an with a HEMI
it feels good though..

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
why is it not a hemi? cause it makes double the horsepower and double the gas mileage as the old one? It s the same brainless idiocracy that says our cars aren t chargers cause of the two extra doors. Its a charger cause dodge said so, not because they consult these brainless wonders for their opinions. I need a time out

·
Registered
430 Posts
And they drive what????? Any Hemi is better than no Hemi!!! Did they explain or are they just jealous?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
This is gonna get into a big combustion chamber debate again but before it does lets figure if the person mentioned in first post is smart enough to know what a combustion chamber is

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They said its not a true hemi becuase it runs on the 4cyl and kicks into the 8cyl when you ask for it. So, I guess that its not on 8 ALL THE TIME, makes it not a true hemi??

Oh yeah the drive Ford trucks! lol

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is gonna get into a big combustion chamber debate again but before it does lets figure if the person mentioned in first post is smart enough to know what a combustion chamber is
I am going to go ahead and take that as a slam against me.

Which, I dont understand why? Cause Im a chick? Cause I dont have as many posts as you?

I asked a simple question, I dont need or want to start a debate or whatever. Just wanted to ask if there was something I may not know about this car. That I WILL ADMIT I dont know a 100% about.

My fault for wanting to learn more???

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
They said its not a true hemi becuase it runs on the 4cyl and kicks into the 8cyl when you ask for it. So, I guess that its not on 8 ALL THE TIME, makes it not a true hemi??

AGAIN wrong, it runs on 8 cyl and then DROPS to 4 at certain cruise speeds!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

thats not really a good argument on the HEMI 4 vs 8

the argument is that the head design in not truly hemispherical, it appears hemispherical with all the parts filled in

Who really knows

·
Registered
168 Posts
Last time someone ragged on my car their battery went blort and started smoking. Jealous used-interceptor-owner there. Ford, haters?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
thats not really a good argument on the HEMI 4 vs 8

the argument is that the head design in not truly hemispherical, it appears hemispherical with all the parts filled in

Who really knows
AS STATED they cant even use that argument casue again it runs on 8 and drops to 4.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I am going to go ahead and take that as a slam against me.

Which, I dont understand why? Cause Im a chick? Cause I dont have as many posts as you?

I asked a simple question, I dont need or want to start a debate or whatever. Just wanted to ask if there was something I may not know about this car. That I WILL ADMIT I dont know a 100% about.

My fault for wanting to learn more???
thionk he was talking about who insulted you, not you

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
funny, the things they say are so off that now I'm getting annoyed!!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts