Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone played with NOS on the 3.5L? I was thinking a 50 shot should be ok. Is a 150 shot to much?

·
Registered
208 Posts
From what I have heard there is only one person with the 3.5 and I believe he has the Zex setup. Maybe he will chime in, ohh and why is it that everyone calls Nitrous "NOS"... for everyone out there NOS is a brand name, not to me mixed up with Nitrous.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a tendancy to call soda's "Coke", others refer to their blue jeans as "Levi's", and some refer to making a photo copy a "Xerox". Maby it is easier to spell NOS vs Nitrous.

·
Registered
902 Posts
thats right it is just easier to type. NOS is a name brand, but it stands for nitrous oxide system, which in effect would be any nitrous oxide system, not my fault they chose a namesake that refers to every system out there, when speking I say nitrous, but if I were to type it I am sure I would type nos. If it bothers people so much they can follow behind and correct me every time I type nos, nos nos nos nos nos

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have read that the 75 is safe but that it is the highest recomended for this application. I dont know this for sure it was just something that I read a long while back when there was alot of talk about using nos on these cars.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I know a guy who has been running 100 shot direct injection on a 2.4 altima. He has been doing it for quite a while, but he has an engine management system. That mite be hard for us, but I'm sure the internals can handle it. The problem comes with the air/fuel curve, I believe. Don't detonate a beautiful charger's powerplant............Please!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
nitrous, the poor mans turbo. I would not play with it, unless you want to void any and all factory warented work. I have this cool Idea, why not just luanch your car of a mountain and see if she reaches termanal volocity. Just joshen, i always say to each his or her own. Nitrous just isn't my bag of tea. Super chargers are always good. But, then again there goes any hope of the 3 year/36000 mile fix.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nitrous, the poor mans turbo. I would not play with it, unless you want to void any and all factory warented work. I have this cool Idea, why not just luanch your car of a mountain and see if she reaches termanal volocity. Just joshen, i always say to each his or her own. Nitrous just isn't my bag of tea. Super chargers are always good. But, then again there goes any hope of the 3 year/36000 mile fix.

IMO Nitros is crazy dangerous,:eek: BUT it is a cheap way to make a lot of hp.:rockon:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And just think I have their new unlimited milage lifetime power train warranty, so as long as I own the car, it has not rusted through, and have taken it to be checked every 5 years(Which does not cost any more than the gas to drive it to the dealership) the power train is in warranty, with 0 deductable.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you do goe with nitrous go with the zex system and for god sakes man, make absolute sure you have window switches intalled.
What are window swithces, and how do they impact a nitros system?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Go with a Nitrous Express Kit wet system, the solenoids are big and very reliable, a 100 shot would work fine although it would be best to go with a RPM swith and a progessive system.

·
Registered
358 Posts
window switches will shut nos down while car is shifting gears so you don"t spay thru you gear changes. can you imagine your car on nos with no friction from drive train, you would probably launch your engine to the moon man. I do agree with theboynextdoor, wet systems are much more friendly to your engine and are cheaper in the long run to maintain although more exp. to buy. the wet system mixes your fuel i do believe. I f i'm wrong will someone please correct me.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have a tendancy to call soda's "Coke", others refer to their blue jeans as "Levi's", and some refer to making a photo copy a "Xerox". Maby it is easier to spell NOS vs Nitrous.
another alternative and just as easy as nos, is N2O...

i know around some, the NOS to them sounds like TFATF crowd, so outta respect for the older guys, i've always said "ennn two ohhhh" or nitrous:grin:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
IMO Nitros is crazy dangerous,:eek: BUT it is a cheap way to make a lot of hp.:rockon:
one thing i;ve learned with nitrous and its use.... its only as dangerous as the knowledge a person whos using it has....

smaller shots are far more tolerable. like 30-50 shots on stock internals.

now when you get guys who do 70-150 shots on stock internals.... most cars drivelines and internals dont fare well to the initial shock.

nitrous is FAR SAFE....just gotta know how to use it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts