Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RT AWD and under medium to hard acceleration a weird metal like rattling noise starts happening when I get above 2000 rpm. Any help would be appreciated as to what it is.
Here is a link to a video of the noise 2011 charger RT AWD

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
The sound is very hard to hear in your video. Can you reproduce it in the driveway? Once it starts, does it change when you turn?

Don

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
66 Posts
I have a 2011 RT AWD and under medium to hard acceleration a weird metal like rattling noise starts happening when I get above 2000 rpm. Any help would be appreciated as to what it is.
The pitch makes me think water pump, but it's not super clear in that clip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is very hard to hear in your video. Can you reproduce it in the driveway? Once it starts, does it change when you turn?

Don
It doesn’t happen in the driveway only when the car is moving. I don’t think it changes when I turn but I will check to make sure. I can try to get a
Better video today

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
It certainly could be the beginning of the water pumps demise. You can check it easily, by removing the serp belt, and feeling for up/down or in/out play in the WP snout. Could also be an idler or tensioner pulley. You can check those as well while the belt is off.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is another video of the sound its making and I will look into the water pump and pulleys.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Greetings Pandi,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you're not familiar with your closest dealer, please head to: Find a Dodge Dealership Near You | Dodge.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts