Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was driving to school and i passed ove 5 inches of rainfall and after passing, my hemi engine almost died on me. I turned off my engine and then turned it on once more and it was making a loud knocking noise and started to leak engine oil. Does anyone know what could be wrong with the engine?

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Hydrolock. Might have sucked water into the engine. Water does not compress, and it may have blown out a ring or worse, thrown a rod. Get it to a shop immediately.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
wow another one. this is not good. I don't think its going to rain anytime soon in California but thats some scary sh!t right there to think about. I had my charger since Dec. and it really didn't rain all that much since then, but I know when it rains it pours out here for like 2.5 seconds lol.

hopefully its just a ring like TBY said.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Wow, just like mine! I wonder where the water got in... I spoke to the dealer and they want me to tow it in tomorrow morning. I also spoke to a mechanic I know, and he said my plug may have just gotten wet. Either way, I'm letting the dealer have it tomorrow to get it all sorted out. This sucks...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hmm very interesting. Here in SW Oklahoma we had a period of a few weeks where we had record amounts of rainfall day after day, and I drove my SRT8 thru every day of it. Including large puddles of standing rain in the streets. Mind you, I slow down and always proceed very slowly thru such things. But I never had any problems as described here. And I just have the stock air intake.

So I am wondering what is "special" about those who are affected, why it is happening to some and not others. A design issue, or something drivers are doing, or what? Sounds like something that should be brought up at the next SRT chat session if it has not been already....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts