Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gents and gals,

So I just noticed that my dash indicators for both left and right turns are not blinking on the gauge cluster. They are working both front and back outside the car but not inside. I can hear the relay clicking with each blink but nothing on the dash. Also my trunk button isn't working? Checked the fuses from what I believe was the correct locations and all is fine. I'm lost? Any ideas?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.... Still have the issue. Car is in storage for winter but want this fixed before spring.... Don't know what the issue is. went through all the fuses that i could think of. Odd thing is that the trunk pop doesn't work either. I do have a remote start. Wondering if a fuse is blown in there. I do have it running the lights and trunk pop. would that be it? does it need to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm having the same problems as you and then some. My climate control accent lights that come on at night aren't working. But my radio ones are. And I have a few more lights besides the turn signal ones that aren't working as well... Weird...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having the same problems as you and then some. My climate control accent lights that come on at night aren't working. But my radio ones are. And I have a few more lights besides the turn signal ones that aren't working as well... Weird...
interesting.... Now I'm more worried. I'm going to check my control accent lights tonight to see if mine are out as well. They might be out and never noticed? If you make any progress on what the problem is, please let me know. Are you having blinker issues? I hear the relay clicking and they are actually blinking outside the car but no arrow indicator on the cluster. And the trunk pop? now that just baffles me how it is all not working and I highly doubt they share the same fuse. the Trunk is on its own fuse separate from interior lighting and accessories (guessing here)....... so odd that they all don't work at the same time. Makes me think it's not fuse related. I did check them and they looked OK. I'm going to start with resting my remote starter.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Fuse 17 (rear block) supplies power to the trunk release and the HVAC backlight. It also supplies power to the interior dome lights.

The turn signal indicators in the cluster are weird, though. The turn signal lever goes through the SCCM (steering column control module) and uses the CANBUS to tell other modules, including the cluster, what's been activated. If the SCCM isn't doing its job, the FCM (front control module) wouldn't know about the turn signal lever position and the turn signals front and rear shouldn't work either. The clicking sound means that the cluster knows that it should be blinking the lights; it's actually noise generated by a component on the cluster, not an actual relay. As strange as it sounds, it sure seems like the bulbs in the cluster both went out.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Fuse 17 (rear block) supplies power to the trunk release and the HVAC backlight. It also supplies power to the interior dome lights.

The turn signal indicators in the cluster are weird, though. The turn signal lever goes through the SCCM (steering column control module) and uses the CANBUS to tell other modules, including the cluster, what's been activated. If the SCCM isn't doing its job, the FCM (front control module) wouldn't know about the turn signal lever position and the turn signals front and rear shouldn't work either. The clicking sound means that the cluster knows that it should be blinking the lights; it's actually noise generated by a component on the cluster, not an actual relay. As strange as it sounds, it sure seems like the bulbs in the cluster both went out.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i will double check Fuse 17 in the trunk as you suggested just to make sure it's ok. you stated that the bulb might have burnt out for the blinkers. Do you know if it's just on bulb running both turns or are there actually 2 bulbs? Odd that they would both burn out together but who knows. Strange things happen. Appreciate the input :)

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I've got to believe there are 2 bulbs; could be LEDs (I haven't taken a cluster apart to look). Very suspicious that they'd both go out at the same time; just so unlikely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it’s been awhile on this thread but does anyone have any answers to this? My 2010 srt is not giving me turn signal lights on the dash,no interrior lights when doors open, no trunk release also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured this out? Fuse #17 keeps blowing.

I have all the same issues here, backlighting on A/C unit out, interior dome lights out, select # of lights out on cluster (turn signal indicators, check engine, emergency brake, etc), sun visor mirror lights out, backlighting for heated seats and emergency flashers out, trunk release out. I have tried replacing the cluster, have removed the sunroof control module and rear lift gate connections...all to check to see if they are maybe the issue. They are not. Fuse 17 keeps blowing no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas, or know where I can get my hands on a full diagram for magnum wiring? I have an 06 rt 5.7 hemi. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problems as well except my gauge cluster was going hay wire at one point and then car wouldn't start thought it was the pcm but I believe I have narrowed it down to the front control module or the grounds for the fcm on the chasis by the washer fluid mine looks corroded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue (even the trunk release not working). Anyone have a solution? I may reach out to a few of you and check in. Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may help others. I pulled all the fuses, sprayed all the contacts with corrosion cleaner and replaced all the fuses with new ones (probably not necessary but I had them on hand). This fixed my trunk release and oddly only fixed one of my blinker signals on the dash. I still have the right turn signal not working on the dash (I can hear the clicking but no light) and driver door lock doesnt work. Thanks to everyone for their help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts