Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going on friday to get my charger but the guy im getting it off of does not have the title hes waiting for it in the mail all he has is the pink slip to the car... does anyone know if there is a way around any of this im told you cant transfer a car with out the title..... I hope there is someone out there that will tell me some good news that its possible i can get my car tomorrow

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
sorry to say it pal, but in my opinion, no title, no cash...i wouldnt pay for or take the car til you get the title in hand

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
no title=buyer beware!!!!!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
The worse you want it, the worse you get it.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i agree, i dont think they will screw me over or anything like that they are a friend of family, it is the car used to be registered in WV then they changed it over to a PA registration and i guess when you change that, u need a new title... im just curious as to if you can give a car to someone else with out the title present.. dunno if there is a way to look it up on computer or anything like that

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
yeah i agree, i dont think they will screw me over or anything like that they are a friend of family, it is the car used to be registered in WV then they changed it over to a PA registration and i guess when you change that, u need a new title... im just curious as to if you can give a car to someone else with out the title present.. dunno if there is a way to look it up on computer or anything like that
Good luck, sounds like I can take a guess at what your already doing....:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
if its someone you trust sure, you wont be able to change the registration or plates to your name without them signing the title over though....you may have to wait for the title to appear

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah that would suck horribly hopefully the guy/girl at the notary knows a way around this so they can sign it over to me and just mail me the title when it gets here.. i dont know how long those things usually take though

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
why don't you call the DMV and find out?

·
Registered
311 Posts
The only deal is your cash for the notarized title. Anything else, you'll get ripped off.

Frequently, the seller needs to get the title from the bank, but have to pay the loan off. Your cash has nothing to do with that arrangement....its up to the seller to pay off the loan and have a clear title.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its 1232am here in pa im suppose to be sleeping ( but cant do to fact i want to get this car ) and im going out at like 9am to do my ins and go to credit union.. going to ask the credit union when i get there to see if they know anything... but calling the DMV sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only deal is your cash for the notarized title. Anything else, you'll get ripped off.

Frequently, the seller needs to get the title from the bank, but have to pay the loan off. Your cash has nothing to do with that arrangement....its up to the seller to pay off the loan and have a clear title.
i believe the loan for the car is all paid off, i think when they registered it here in pa im guessing thats what made it so they needed a new title... i dont know if thats 100% accurate information just a guess..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Even if its a family friend, I still wouldn't purchase the Charger until after the title arrives.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even if its a family friend, I still wouldn't purchase the Charger until after the title arrives.
From the looks of it i wont be able to unless they have the title, i'm not paying for the car without getting it that day.. was kinda hoping there was a way at the notary or something or a way to get the title instead of waiting how ever long for it to arrive!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
there is alot of thinking and guessing going on, its a car a car has to have a title to transfer ownership, if you pay for it and get a hot car you are now in possession of stolen merchandise= you lose your money and your car.

go to the dmv with the vin and have them run it, i don't care if it is a close friend business is business

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there is alot of thinking and guessing going on, its a car a car has to have a title to transfer ownership, if you pay for it and get a hot car you are now in possession of stolen merchandise= you lose your money and your car.

go to the dmv with the vin and have them run it, i don't care if it is a close friend business is business
But the DMV running the vin number wont get me a title to get the car into my name i would still have to wait for it to be delivered wouldn't i

·
Registered
343 Posts
In Louisiana all you need is a Bill of Sale. If the seller doesnt want to give up the title you have to go to a Justice of The Peace, pay a fee of about $75 and file paperwork for the state the car was bought from to release the title as long as it doesn't have a lien on it. Been there, done that. I bought a car off of EBAY about two years ago from a guy in Tennessee and got the runaround about the title. Of coarse this is in my state, go to your local title transfer co. and ask them.
Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In Louisiana all you need is a Bill of Sale. If the seller doesnt want to give up the title you have to go to a Justice of The Peace, pay a fee of about $75 and file paperwork for the state the car was bought from to release the title as long as it doesn't have a lien on it. Been there, done that. I bought a car off of EBAY about two years ago from a guy in Tennessee and got the runaround about the title. Of coarse this is in my state, go to your local title transfer co. and ask them.
Good Luck!!!!
That is the best good news i have heard in awhile lol thank you 504HEMI.. i cant even sleep because i am so excited to get this car but in the back of my head i know it wont happen because of that title... but ill run that by my dad when he wakes up and see what he has to say..

thanks for making my morning

·
Registered
343 Posts
That is the best good news i have heard in awhile lol thank you 504HEMI.. i cant even sleep because i am so excited to get this car but in the back of my head i know it wont happen because of that title... but ill run that by my dad when he wakes up and see what he has to say..

thanks for making my morning

No problem. My Brother-In-Law buys cars from online auctions and resells them. All over the U.S. I know this situation all to well. I've been through it and I hear his stories all the time. Again check your local title transfer co.:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts