Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sirius has worked great for the last 2 years with the Factory head unit. Now all channels display "No Signal". Even on the demo 184 channel. Called Sirius and they said there is nothing wrong with my account.

So I am thinking that since I don't have anything on even the demo channel that something is wrong with the antenna or even head unit. CD, Radio, and NAV all still work great. I took the headliner down and the antenna is still bolted fine and cable looks connected. I also see that it runs down the rear head panel to the trunk.

From there I took off the Kicker Sub and there is a black box sitting behind it. That black cable on the left looks to be the same cable and it plugged in snug there too.

I am out of warrantly so I am sure this would cost a fortune to fix at the dealer, but other ideas I can try?

Thanks..Patrick

·
Registered
628 Posts
My Sirius has worked great for the last 2 years with the Factory head unit. Now all channels display "No Signal". Even on the demo 184 channel. Called Sirius and they said there is nothing wrong with my account.

So I am thinking that since I don't have anything on even the demo channel that something is wrong with the antenna or even head unit. CD, Radio, and NAV all still work great. I took the headliner down and the antenna is still bolted fine and cable looks connected. I also see that it runs down the rear head panel to the trunk.

From there I took off the Kicker Sub and there is a black box sitting behind it. That black cable on the left looks to be the same cable and it plugged in snug there too.

I am out of warrantly so I am sure this would cost a fortune to fix at the dealer, but other ideas I can try?

Thanks..Patrick
Did you have them attempt to reprogram your unit?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Had the same problem. It's the antenna. Have dealer replace if under warranty. My dealer thought it was the head unit. Replaced that, still no signal, ended up to be the antenna.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would say it's the antenna... maybe check the plug or see if a wire is pinched...

If not ... new antennas are not that expensive ... Less than 100 bucks..... you can even put them inside the car on the rear deck or on the dash and leave the broken one in place...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortnately I am no longer under warranty.

Will a regular antenna work with our Dodge Charger unit, or do I have to get a special attenna just from the Dealer?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI...a regular antenna does work....really tight fit, but it shoves in the box if you push super hard. Now I have to find a good place for it so it doesn't looks stupid.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I had a loose wire behind the head unit. I thought it was the antenna..it wasn't. The dealer did it under warranty. I still get it about every 500 miles, for about 25 seconds. THese things are crap...but I can live with it...for NOW. might have to pull the head unit myself just to see what's what.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts