Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal. I have 2 Daytonas(Plum crazy & Sublime)
Both cars have these mods: Shaker Hoods/CAI, NOESP mod., Jetchip stage 1(plumcrazy), Superchips 91 oct setting(sublime). Now, all I care about is laying rubber. Not quick time, or going fast. Just old fashioned showing off!! and niether car will so much as bark a tire unless all planets are aligned!! Under a braking burnout condition both seem to hit a wall at about 2200 RPM and act like you let off the throttle. Now I am pretty knowledgable with hot rods, but this is drivin me crazy(ask any of my buddies!). If anybody has any good ideas(no b.s.) I am listening!!

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
223 Posts
Higher stall torque converter should help - probably the single mod that will get you what you want.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Buy a plum SRT! Sorry Chris, I couldn't resist. Keep your chin up...somebody here will help you.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
How many miles are on the cars? Mine would not do anything until it 3000 miles, now not a problem. even lights up rolling

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sublime has a little over 5000 miles
plumcrazy about 2600 miles. Now the sublime is better than the other but not enough to care about. no way will it light up anything rollin.

Kryptonite, my wife is scared you will stop listening to me and then I will Start whinin' to her

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
sublime has a little over 5000 miles
plumcrazy about 2600 miles. Now the sublime is better than the other but not enough to care about. no way will it light up anything rollin.

Kryptonite, my wife is scared you will stop listening to me and then I will Start whinin' to her
They will come around, I know my plum has gotten so much better then when it had 500 miles, most people on here say 6000 miles is when these cars really wake up. Keep driving hard and they should wake up.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
you MAY try pulling fuse 11 thingy technique if you dont drive it too hard all the time. and... with the noesp mod enaabled... shouldnt that make it 3x as easy.. if not 100x?

to me a lot of it depends on the type of surface. most parking lots i can lay massive rubber. but older roads that are beat up i get too much traction and just launch

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Don't know what is wrong with your RT's. But my boys 06SilverSteel and CharginScott have no problems at all getting there Charger RT's to light them up.

Here you can see I am flanked by both of there Charger RT's in what we call ourselves "the Tres Amigos Burnout Brothers"

Of course it is alot easier to light them up with an SRT.

But David and Scott held there own with the RT's. Be careful how much you light them up. This is what happens if you do....but it was so much fun doing it.

I am trying to hunt down the video download of the triple LX burn out, from David. I will post it here if I find it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've tried the fuse thing I even tried disabling the esp with the key to see if it worked different. nothing. I know I sound retarted but it is so bad I got a "best attempted burn-out" award from Kryptonite.( although it is very cool looking!!! and is my favorite trophy)

Thanks for the input so far

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I've tried the fuse thing I even tried disabling the esp with the key to see if it worked different. nothing. I know I sound retarted but it is so bad I got a "best attempted burn-out" award from Kryptonite.( although it is very cool looking!!! and is my favorite trophy)

Thanks for the input so far
Never tried it, but a lot of guys on the forum swear by it. Maybe try and reset Hal by Pulling fuses 11, 14 and 16, then drive it like you stole it. Had the same problem, but with the Noesp mod installed can smoke 'em whenever I want without a reset.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
you could always just chock the wheels...but for the most part put some more miles on the car and let it get used to you driving it hard and it will awake from slumber and put a big shyt eating grin on your face...:grin:

·
Registered
41 Posts
How many miles are on the cars? Mine would not do anything until it 3000 miles, now not a problem. even lights up rolling
I have over 7000 and my top banana and hasn't it gotten any better. from a stand still she will not bark, squeak, spin or smoke them at all :dead:

i did the noesp mod and when i brake the car i can smoke them, but with 350 horses u wouldn't think it was a problem

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I have over 7000 and my top banana and hasn't it gotten any better. from a stand still she will not bark, squeak, spin or smoke them at all :dead:

i did the noesp mod and when i brake the car i can smoke them, but with 350 horses u wouldn't think it was a problem
man that sucks. have u checked the air pressure in ur back tires? if its low then u might have too much traction to break loose easy. that still is a bad excuse though, u shouldnt have a problem with all those horses and all that torque. i guess the next thing to blame is the gear ratio lol

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Im having the same problems. Obviously power breaking I can smoke them but like the OP said, the car cuts that off pretty quick

Without power breaking, I get a chirp of the tires from a standstill ONLY after I pulled the fuses, if I didnt pull the fuse I would get nothing and just accelerate. Car has 2400 miles on it so im hoping this changes, right now I feel im in a weak "fake" hemi lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man did I get something started here, It's sad but it dosen't seem to have a easy explanation.
To answer a few questions : Rims are 20" I have done all the trick fuse stuff , NOTHING NADA ZILCH except for my tears.

What bothers me is alot of guys say they can rip em stock and I got 2 with minor mods and neither will come close to burnin em. Guess I will wait this milage thing out, heck I'm game!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Im having the same problems. Obviously power breaking I can smoke them but like the OP said, the car cuts that off pretty quick

Without power breaking, I get a chirp of the tires from a standstill ONLY after I pulled the fuses, if I didnt pull the fuse I would get nothing and just accelerate. Car has 2400 miles on it so im hoping this changes, right now I feel im in a weak "fake" hemi lol
Damn guys I only have the 3.5 and I can get my car to bark all I want, sometimes even when I dont. As far as burn outs not really but peel outs I have done a lot of, and again most with out trying

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.