Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you all seen my "no rubber burnin" post last week. And you know this is driving me crazy! a little history, along with other mods I did the NOESP mod on the Plum and the Sublime. Ever since that, both cars won't turn a tire. They both even have begun to run progressively worse(cutting out when you try to burn them). so last night I took the NOESP box off the Plum and I was going to have the dealer look at the car. I go to get gas last night and this thing tears the rubber off of it, runs like a totally different car. So, I rip them off about a dozen times and am baffled by this. Today I take the NOESP box off the sublime, and same thing, just melts the tires. Now call me crazy but it seems to have a connection here.

And before you ask, YES they were installed right, checked that out weeks ago.

Don't know about anyone else but seemed to solve my problem

Chris

·
Registered
453 Posts
So you all seen my "no rubber burnin" post last week. And you know this is driving me crazy! a little history, along with other mods I did the NOESP mod on the Plum and the Sublime. Ever since that, both cars won't turn a tire. They both even have begun to run progressively worse(cutting out when you try to burn them). so last night I took the NOESP box off the Plum and I was going to have the dealer look at the car. I go to get gas last night and this thing tears the rubber off of it, runs like a totally different car. So, I rip them off about a dozen times and am baffled by this. Today I take the NOESP box off the sublime, and same thing, just melts the tires. Now call me crazy but it seems to have a connection here.

And before you ask, YES they were installed right, checked that out weeks ago.

Don't know about anyone else but seemed to solve my problem

Chris

So you mean you actually disengaged the ESP feature all together?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just put it back "stock" ,just like from the factory.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious, but did you disconnect the battery before you removed them?
I did not, couldn't find any info that said I needed to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought it was strange reading your other post that you couldn't light 'em up with the noESP mod... I haven't done anything to my ESP and can roast them just fine by just pushing the button... in fact I can usually do it without even pushing the button, it's just not as spectacular... I figured you would REALLY be able to roast them with the noESP thing....

sounds like you got some strange problem with your noESP mod... I'd try the other way of doing it... by putting in a switch to the accelerometer feed under the center console. Seems like a cheaper, more reliable way of turning off HAL.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Have you tried the ignition key no esp mod? BTW glad to hear your Daytona's came alive!! I knew they would

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Plumcrazy574, congrats!

I was stupid and had the dealer "flash" my TCM and now my car DEFF cant burn rubber b/c off the line it has a 2 second delay before it really kicks in

:(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plumcrazy574, congrats!

I was stupid and had the dealer "flash" my TCM and now my car DEFF cant burn rubber b/c off the line it has a 2 second delay before it really kicks in

:(
That is about right! Remember the good old days when the only thing between you and your 350 horses was a throttle cable. Computers are good on mama's car but leave our hot rods alone. (lol)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
That is about right! Remember the good old days when the only thing between you and your 350 horses was a throttle cable. Computers are good on mama's car but leave our hot rods alone. (lol)
AMen!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts