Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the numbers are but this has to be one of the lowest production colors. Better place your order soon.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Where do they get those paint ideas......

Oh wait....

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Matchbox colors. Jeep just came back thatp with neon green. I think its called Gecko Green. It came out in 2012 for a year and then killed it until coming back this year. Not my fav color but I'm sure others find it soothing.

It's the typical shell game FCA plays with colors. Gold Rush will be back in a few years.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Matchbox colors. Jeep just came back thatp with neon green. I think its called Gecko Green. It came out in 2012 for a year and then killed it until coming back this year. Not my fav color but I'm sure others find it soothing.

It's the typical shell game FCA plays with colors. Gold Rush will be back in a few years.
Personally, I always liked Cool Vanilla. It had that creamy off white look. My original 2006 R/T used to get compliments all the time on the color. I don't believe that color has made a come back yet.

Best,

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Also, the same colors are renamed on different models.
Dodge Destroyer Gray is also Jeep Sting Gray.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Where do they get those paint ideas......

Oh wait....
There was actually a Dodge event where they displayed all these colors and people voted on them, so obviously somebody did like the Gold Rush.

Hellraisin and Sinamon Stick were the two other colors to come out of that event.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think Gold Rush is a neat color on the Challenger. I can't say that I love it enough to order it though, especially over the other colors available.

The Hellraisin purple or the TorRed would be my other choices other than my Frostbite. I was sold once I saw the color in person.

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
220 Posts
I think Gold Rush is a neat color on the Challenger. I can't say that I love it enough to order it though, especially over the other colors available.

The Hellraisin purple or the TorRed would be my other choices other than my Frostbite. I was sold once I saw the color in person.
Tor Red has definitely grown on me but the crazy thing is that it isn't even in my top 5!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tor Red has definitely grown on me but the crazy thing is that it isn't even in my top 5!
LOL! Been there done that, a few times (purchased a color that wasn't at the top of my list). The yellow would be on my list too, but they stopped making that. That and I don't think it would look good on a widebody either, so I wouldn't have ended up with yellow anyway.

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
220 Posts
LOL! Been there done that, a few times (purchased a color that wasn't at the top of my list). The yellow would be on my list too, but they stopped making that. That and I don't think it would look good on a widebody either, so I wouldn't have ended up with yellow anyway.
My top 5, regardless of whether they're making them or not.
1.) Plum Crazy
2) Sublime Green
3)Yellowjacket
4)Toss Up Between IndiGo Blue and Contusion Blue
5) Toss up Between Octane Red and Go ManGo

Honourable mentions B5 Blue, Destroyer Grey, Triple Nickle and White Knuckle.

Throw some brass monkeys on ANY of the above and it just slayssss.

So how did I end up with TorRed? LOL

·
Registered
280 Posts
My top 5, regardless of whether they're making them or not.
1.) Plum Crazy
2) Sublime Green
3)Yellowjacket
4)Toss Up Between IndiGo Blue and Contusion Blue
5) Toss up Between Octane Red and Go ManGo

Honourable mentions B5 Blue, Destroyer Grey, Triple Nickle and White Knuckle.

Throw some brass monkeys on ANY of the above and it just slayssss.

So how did I end up with TorRed? LOL

Sounds like we have similar tastes..you like the loud colors too. :LOL: The IndiGo Blue I haven't decided I like it or not. Sometimes I think it looks good, then I'll hate it the next time. It has too much purple or something in it for me, I'm not sure what it is. Octane Red is a nice color, but not really my taste. Go ManGo - yes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My top five-
1) Catch Me Copper (was on a concept-can’t remember for sure but think it was the Copperhead)
2) Go Mango
3)Frostbite
4)Plum Crazy
5)Sublime

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
There was actually a Dodge event where they displayed all these colors and people voted on them, so obviously somebody did like the Gold Rush.
The problem is that there's a difference between people saying "oh, that's a nice colour" and people buying that colour. Think of it as "that's a nice colour for someone else to buy, but I'd rather have my nipples chewed off by a dozen rabid weasels than be spotted inside a car with it."

·
Registered
280 Posts
The problem is that there's a difference between people saying "oh, that's a nice colour" and people buying that colour. Think of it as "that's a nice colour for someone else to buy, but I'd rather have my nipples chewed off by a dozen rabid weasels than be spotted inside a car with it."
You're exactly right. That's what I had said - I like the color but I'm not sure that I love it enough to purchase myself. I just like some of the other colors MORE.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That's exactly how I feel about the loud colors... I think they are absolutely great for someone else to have! They look cool and I always turn my head to watch them or say something to my kids about the color but I'll keep driving my Granite Charger ;) I'd have taken Destroyer Gray too but found the Granite first. Too bad they killed Destroyer.... I always liked my Silver Steel 2006 too!

·
Registered
275 Posts
They had those crazy names years ago
Plum Crazy ?
My 2020 is White Knuckle
Next one will be Hellrazing
Plum Crazy
Go Mango
Torred
Top Banana
Sublime
were all colours from the 60s/70s.

My current favourites are
1) Frostbite
2) Sinamon Stick
3) Hellraisin
4) Gold Rush
5) F8 Green

·
Registered
280 Posts
Plum Crazy
Go Mango
Torred
Top Banana
Sublime
were all colours from the 60s/70s.

My current favourites are
1) Frostbite
2) Sinamon Stick
3) Hellraisin
4) Gold Rush
5) F8 Green

Great tastes in colors! I do love the Frostbite now that I have experienced it a bit more. There were a couple of times that I had doubted myself, whether I have made the right choice or not. I was deciding between the Frostbite, Hellraisin and F8 Green. Hellraisin is a bit too dark after seeing in person (I was worried about the maintenance), and F8 Green is a bit too subtle. I think the "coolness factor" would wear off more quickly (for me).

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
446 Posts
Will be third on this thought.

Another reason, that some of us would just order the colour that we like from the factory.
But sometimes, seeing on the dealer's lot the Charger in colour that we wouldn't consider, but the dealer ready to do some nice discounts, we would take it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Will be third on this thought.

Another reason, that some of us would just order the colour that we like from the factory.
But sometimes, seeing on the dealer's lot the Charger in colour that we wouldn't consider, but the dealer ready to do some nice discounts, we would take it.
I'm partial to the 2011 Toxic Orange....my next car (hopefully a scat pack challenger so I can row-my-own), I really want plum crazy.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts