Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in an article in The Sporting News.

"Dodge, which has only two victories with the new Charger, has petitioned for a new nose in 2006. Evernham Motorsports, Chip Ganassi Racing and Penske Racing collaborated on the new piece, which resembles the Ford front end but has the old Intrepid center. The nose will be ready this week. It must be submitted by September 1 to be approved for next season by NASCAR."

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
This has to do with the Nascar race car and is speaking of the nose
geometry of the car. Not the production model. The front end; grill, headlights..., of the production car is painted on the race car.

CD

·
Registered
832 Posts
cousindave said:
This has to do with the Nascar race car and is speaking of the nose
geometry of the car. Not the production model. The front end; grill, headlights..., of the production car is painted on the race car.

CD
What was the point of saying that?? :neutral: we all know he's not talking about the production model. That does not answer the question. but anyway i heared that they were complaining about the nose(not enough airflow)but i did here what they were going to do about it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
you do know that the lights and everything are just stickers!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
milkdud99 said:
Yes, but the grill is not. The NASCAR Charger is very distinguishable from the other makes. What they are talking about here is basically taking a Ford front end and putting the old Intrepid grill on it. It would look more like the other makes and not the Charger.

But then again, by 2007, each team/manufacturer is going to have the same spec engines. Add that to the fact that the bodies are basically the same (especially if Dodge changes its front end), we'll be left with a 43-car IROC-type field of Dodges, Fords, Chevys, and possibly even Toyotas.

·
Registered
832 Posts
milkdud99 said:
Could we please drop the fact that the lights are fake! we are all grown here and learned that fact long time ago! anyway sxt i think they should change it(not Necessarily to the ford front) but if it will get some of the drag down what the hell, do what you do

·
Registered
35 Posts
I heard that the charger front ends were being labeled "vacuum cleaners" because they were picking up and holding a lot more track garbage (wrappers and such) than the other cars, and that in turn affects air flow. It makes sense because the grill is actually behind the crosshairs of the nose by an inch or two, while ford/chevy's are flush with the nose. Having the grill recessed like that makes it much harder for a driver to clean his nose from the vortex of air coming off of another car, and also makes it difficult for pit crew to clear it off quickly. It's disappointing to me to see Dodge going back to being just like all the other cars though. In all honesty the nose on these things really doesn't look any more like a charger than it looks like a Ram, Magnum, or Intrepid IMHO, it's just the Dodge crosshairs... Anyway, naming these "stock" cars after real life cars is a bit of a joke and takes a large stretch of the imagination to begin with. Sure would be great to have shorter races and true "stock" cars on some cool rally/road courses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The teams were excited at first because of the new nose. Everyone is pretty bored of the old Intrepid nose that has been on there for a while. While two races ago, the Dodge did pick up some debris, it wasn't anymore than what the other body styles were getting, BUT because of its size/shape it was getting more clogged.

The drivers a few times were able to get the debris off the nose by drafting though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, just like chevy complained w/ their nose a few years back and got it redesigned for '04 (i believe). I see no reason why nascar wouldnt let dodge do the same. I wonder how the new(er) charger will compete with the new Fusion and im assuming new monte carlo (new front sheetmetal on the street version, i'd assume the same for the stock car)

Ford did their homework because they have rarely had problems w/ their designs, so the fusion should pick up where the dominating Taurus leaves off..

·
Registered
249 Posts
RonRacer said:
What was the point of saying that?? :neutral: we all know he's not talking about the production model. That does not answer the question. but anyway i heared that they were complaining about the nose(not enough airflow)but i did here what they were going to do about it.

DAng Ron Racer, WHo pissed in your Cheerios???

:fuming:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Butter06 said:

no one... that is just how he is :whistle:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Butter06 said:

I just hate when we get off topic over some dumb ass post

·
Registered
549 Posts
ghengisdan said:
Anyway, naming these "stock" cars after real life cars is a bit of a joke and takes a large stretch of the imagination to begin with. Sure would be great to have shorter races and true "stock" cars on some cool rally/road courses.
Hence the reason I don't watch Nascar that much unless I am truely bored and need something to put me to sleep. My type of racing is the British GT series or just about any other type of GT racing, Rally Racing, and the American LeMans series. Yeah it never sat well with me when the cars finally went to common templates....after that I stopped watching regularly.

Later

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. Like I said before, in 2007 the rules will be such that each team with have the same spec engines. The only thing differentiating the cars will be the numbers, sponsors, and manufacturer headlight/tail light stickers.

What a shame. :sad:

Well, there's alway GT and motorcycle racing.... :happy:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Maybe they replace the stickers with real headlights for night races............

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
this post is killing me.....the entertainment factor is great!!! :clap:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts