Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear.

Go to the food store, and I park at the last spot at the end....I mean, the very end, and it's starting to rain to boot. There are no carts, and I would think that since there is no spot on the drivers side...I am good.

Can you believe this? I was in the store for 10 minutes. I mean, where the van is parked is not even a spot! :couto:

Luckily, those carts did not move.

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
lol thats crazy...my chick calls me crazy but heyy I gots to protect my baby....I park far too its in our charger blood to do so!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks like there are shopping carts all over the place. I wouldn't trust that creepy van being parked next to me either. I hate small parking lots where there are no "way out in the boonies" spaces and you have to park next to others among the general population - it sucks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Most of the time, when I park out all by my self I'm usually left alone. Every once in a while, I'll find someone parked next to me. However, more often then not, I find more uncommon cars parked next to me. I've had an Audi R8, a Porsche, an M5, and a Ferrari park next to me when I'm out in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Truly amazing....

I feel your pain and I'm glad you didn't get dinged. I get the same thing myself. I go out of my way to park as far away from everyone else as I can (which my wife also fails to understand) and it seems that there is always some knucklehead that will park close to me. I've been lucky so far and haven't been dinged, but it makes you uneasy for sure.

On a somewhat related note, I find a similar situation when I go to the movies. I can be the only person in the theater and I swear that someone will come in and sit directly in front or behind me in an otherwise empty theater. I don't understand it. :confused:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
u need to tint your windows :ninja:

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol thats crazy...my chick calls me crazy but heyy I gots to protect my baby....I park far too its in our charger blood to do so!
Yep, the charger blood forces me to park way out there and I'm totally ok with the extra steps to where ever. I don't want to have that sickening feeling of the first ding...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
x2!!!!!!!!

yeap, I believe it... is in our charger blood !!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
u need to tint your windows :ninja:
If you are talking to me, I already have. I just haven't put up a new picture yet. The 20% tint makes it look soooo much better IMHO.

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It must be the herd instinct. The same thing happens to me when I go fishing on the lake. 500 acres and I'm the only boat out there but the next fool who comes along pulls his boat within 20 yards of me and throws his line in!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think there's some force in the parking lot at my job that causes IQ's to drop by 100 points or so. Dings, dents, and pulled off bumpers (yeah, that's happened before) are a constant concern of mine.

Like you guys, I park as far out as possible.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
good for u HODaytona297 but i was talking to black08 :rockon: and lets see the windows tinted on urs!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm attending University of Houston this fall and every single spot (+300) get filled every day. The spaces are an easy FOOT thinner than standard parking spaces, everyone drives POS old beaters, they're all a bunch of dumb kids that can't drive, and even if I find a spot next to a striped-off section so I can park on that line due to the fact that there's no spot next to me; some idiot will come park too close to me for my passenger to get in. Already got one big scratch; no dings yet. I'm like the ****ing door ding police every time I walk out to my car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm with you. I came back to my car and I took this picture. I was at the dreaded WalMart in the farthest most possible parking space.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
i park at the top of the parking garage at school, level 3... and this c#^t always parks randomly around where i do. luckily i park next to the end part with those ///// grid lines so i leave EXTRA space for ignorant sad excuses for humans like this

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I'm with you. I came back to my car and I took this picture. I was at the dreaded WalMart in the farthest most possible parking space.
The problem in a nutshell is that people don't really care about others. Not as a rule. Carts are thrown wherever is convenient to the thrower, not the throwee. Parking is done to convenience the other person. Most people have poor situational awareness. Parking right up against a nice car is something considerate people would avoid. Too many people aren't considerate.

Let's face it. My car is no more important to me than someone else's minivan is to them. On the other hand if I make the effort to park in the Andes Mountains and hike down to the grocery store, it'd be nice if people would respect that effort and leave my car alone.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I hear ya on this.... Everyone I know gives me a hard time for parking away from everyone else. I too have the same thing happen alot... someone in a POS parks next to me when I come out and I have to check to make sure they didn't sling their door open and dent or scratch my car. Watch out for those rogue shopping carts (buggies here in the South). And I'd keep an eye on that "chester the molester" van parked next to you. A little creepy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Dumb people should be sent to Texas. Where they belong!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts