Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I now have eliminated all of my KNK LT Retard, and most of my KNK ST Retard (1.0) around shift point. I did this by changing form the 93 CAI tune to the 91 CAI tune, and increasing fuel 5% across the board. I think I will try to reduce the 5% by increments of 1 till knock returns, then increase by .5% in order to get the optimal setup. Richer, but not to rich, with no knock. Any other suggestions, or am I on the right track?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds like you have things well in hand.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
What brand gas are you running?

Im using the 91CAI tune (with a stock SRT box and drop in filter), and running mobil 93 and I get 0 ST or LT knock...........the closer you are to the lean / rich balance (basically 0 fuel added) the more power you make

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am currently using Exxon 93 oct. The other choices in my area are Chevron, Texaco, and Shell. I read somewhere on the forum that Exxon and Mobil are made from the same batch (dont know if this factual or not).

I figured that the closer to (0 fuel added) the better the performance would be. That why I wanted to back off the 5% figure. I have a few days off, so maybe I can get out with a computer and dial it in (If all the rain will stop). Once I do get her dialed in, how ofter would you run a diagnostic? Will I continually have to be adjusting over the life of the car, or only when I make mods?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, thats next on the to do list. I am on the 1 item per pay period plan right now. So it should not be too long before I get one. Is BT the one to buy? I read nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
yea, thats next on the to do list. I am on the 1 item per pay period plan right now. So it should not be too long before I get one. Is BT the one to buy? I read nothing but good things about them.
Yep BT is the one to buy..........your not just buying the best product, your also buying amazing customer service and a superior experience as a customer

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Well I now have eliminated all of my KNK LT Retard, and most of my KNK ST Retard (1.0) around shift point. I did this by changing form the 93 CAI tune to the 91 CAI tune, and increasing fuel 5% across the board. I think I will try to reduce the 5% by increments of 1 till knock returns, then increase by .5% in order to get the optimal setup. Richer, but not to rich, with no knock. Any other suggestions, or am I on the right track?
While you are at it, get some ACES IV for the fuel. Helps with the KR and produces lubricity for the pumps, injectors, cylinderbores etc.

Many on the forum like it, and when it comes to fuel...tuning for efficiency gives you performance. Simply adding fuel ends up wasting that fuel as lost BTU. :rolleyes2:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I will check into the ACES IV, I keep hearing great things about it. Still raining in Alabama, hopefully tomorrow we will see a bit of sun so I can do few more runs, before the expected rain comes back in for the next 4 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts