Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wtf were is the spare tire? Where is the Jack I guess there is no need since THERE IS NO SPARE Tire? What's up with this there trying to save a couple of dollars I assume.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wtf were is the spare tire? Where is the Jack I guess there is no need since THERE IS NO SPARE Tire? What's up with this there trying to save a couple of dollars I assume.
No spare on the SRT8's because of the Brembo's. We get a little compressor and fix a flat which destroys the tire. There is a guy that changed out his battery to the Optima which gave him enough room to fit a factory 20" wheel/tire but no way Jose with 22's.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Hahahaha. I didnt figure this out till I got home either. Luckily with the tire pressure sensors you can detect a leak quik and hopefully deal with it before its too late.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess I have to go back to the dealer and get my jack which is going to be useless since there is no tire but hey its nice to have it anyways. Shhhhhh they don't know that SRT8's aren't suppose to come with jacks.:lol:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Seeing the battery in the trunk for the first time was even more confusing.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeing the battery in the trunk for the first time was even more confusing.
Hahahaha, why its makes perfect sense, too much weight in the front.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naw, there's no space. The battery is really freakin' huge.

SRTs have run-flat tires right?
I don't thinks so:errf:

Why don't you try punctering your tire and letting us know how it works out.:twisted:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Good boggely, lets correct some misinformation here.

1. The sealant in the TireFit kit will NOT ruin your tire, nor have there benn any reported cases of it harming the pressure sensor. Its pure latex, not the sames tuff as your find in Slime, for instance. In addition to knowing this from reading, I drove for +5 thousand miles on a tire that I had put the sealant in.

No, I didnt drive on the sealant for 5K, I had it repiared right after using the sealant, and used that tire for 5K more.

2. No, SRT-8s do NOT come with run-flats. As far as spares that fit, search "spare and tire", titles only, lots of info.

3. That guy didnt just "move the battery". There was some hardcore (to the average owner, anyway) metalwork invovled, cutting and welding of the spare tire tray itself, a thing most owners would never do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hahahaha. I didnt figure this out till I got home either. Luckily with the tire pressure sensors you can detect a leak quik and hopefully deal with it before its too late.
wow what kind of salesguy did you all buy from? i explain all that to my customers because i personally hate not knowing everything up front. what if you didnt find that out until you had a flat???

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
wow what kind of salesguy did you all buy from? i explain all that to my customers because i personally hate not knowing everything up front. what if you didnt find that out until you had a flat???
He was pretty good except he skipped over that part I guess.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I bought a nice used OEM spare (with pressure sensor) from another forum member. I cleaned it real nice and put it in one of those Tire Tote wrapper/carriers. Then I got the OEM Charger jack & lug wrench and put them in a little canvas bag to keep in the trunk storage well along with a tire plug kit.

When I go for a drive outside my local area I just throw the spare in the trunk and have no worries. The tire/wheel/sensor combo ran me $500.00. I forget what the jack/wrench went for but it was cheap. Worth it for peace of mind.

It's just hard to find a single spare tire set-up. People mostly sell them as used sets of 4 but I think they could make more selling them individually.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I bought a nice used OEM spare (with pressure sensor) from another forum member. I cleaned it real nice and put it in one of those Tire Tote wrapper/carriers. Then I got the OEM Charger jack & lug wrench and put them in a little canvas bag to keep in the trunk storage well along with a tire plug kit.

When I go for a drive outside my local area I just throw the spare in the trunk and have no worries. The tire/wheel/sensor combo ran me $500.00. I forget what the jack/wrench went for but it was cheap. Worth it for peace of mind.

It's just hard to find a single spare tire set-up. People mostly sell them as used sets of 4 but I think they could make more selling them individually.
Maybe a silly question, but have you tried to use that jack? Do a dry run, make sure that sucker will fit under the car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but have you tried to use that jack? Do a dry run, make sure that sucker will fit under the car.
I use the jack from my wife's Pacifica when I change my oil. There is a notch in the lower panel to allow the jack to slide in. Then I jack the car high enough to get my floor jack under the car and lift it the rest of the way. So the Charger jack should work.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It will fit with just a little clearance left. That jack is flat! But I actually bought a single "Trak-Jax" from RaceRamps.com just in case. I can just roll up on that if need be.

Here it is if anyone is interested: http://www.raceramps.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=67

I've also read here where some SRT owners have home-made wood ramps that they bring along. I just like to get fancy. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont mind the battery being in the trunk but I do mind the headlight covers hazing over after a rain or a wash, and the dealership saying yeah Chrysler knows about it and theres no fix

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I dont mind the battery being in the trunk but I do mind the headlight covers hazing over after a rain or a wash, and the dealership saying yeah Chrysler knows about it and theres no fix
The dealership is full of crap. Here's the TSB. Print it out and show them you know more than they do.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2304106.pdf

Just be aware that they have to take off then entire front fascia to replace the lamps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts