Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to get rid of my catelyic converters and I know that the rear o2 sensors put off the check engine light.. Is it bad to drive with the check engine light on ? Or should I just wait till I get my tuner or does it not really matter.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Driving with the CEL on doesn't hurt anything but you won't be able to tell if you have another problem that turns on the CEL if it's already on. Don't forget that you'll need a custom tune to disable the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Dont forget to keep them for future emissions test or sell them/give em away here, dont let the muffler place keep them! Anybody know if the rt and srt cats r the same? I have some cosmetic damage i would rather replace lol!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, my friend has experience with tuning I just haven't bought a tuner yet lol and yes I think they are different since I wasnt able to buy "5.7 catless midpipes" for my srt .. I had to buy the 6.1 catless midpipes cause the others wouldn't fit .... So they say

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
The diameters on r/t are 2.25 inch and on the srt are 2.5 from stock, i think they are wider by .25 later years.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Thank you, my friend has experience with tuning I just haven't bought a tuner yet lol and yes I think they are different since I wasnt able to buy "5.7 catless midpipes" for my srt .. I had to buy the 6.1 catless midpipes cause the others wouldn't fit .... So they say
Not sure if a friend with tuning experience will be able to do anything if he doesn't have the right hardware and software to tune one of our cars.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Use the anti fouler method as long as your new mids have o2 bungs. Has worked for me for 2+ years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts