Charger Forums banner

No Bus error

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
I recently had my 2011 charger rt having issues where the windshield wipers would come on and my gages stopped working and all my dash lights would come on and a no bus error would display. It would happen for a little while then go away. I couldn't find a clear way in here to locate the short in the system that was causing this till today. Diving today the no bus error came up and I pulled over and shut the car off. When I put the ignition in the run position everything started going crazy and the no bus error would display. So I shut the car off and started pulling fuses one at a time and then turning the car back to the run position. I pulled the fuses for the air bag, didn't fix it so I put them back in then pulled the fuse for the traction control, still nothing, put it back. Then I pulled the fuse for the blind spot detection system and the car started right up. In the past a couple of tums my dash would display service blind spot detection system, but never thought anything of it. Turns out there is a shirt somewhere in the blind spot system, and now I know what need to be fixed. So if you ever have this issue pull over as soon as the no bus error comes up, shut off your car, put it in the on position and if the no bus error still shows start unplugging fuses one at a time with the car off, check to see if the error went away, if it didn't put the fuse back in and move on to the next system. This will help at least narrow it down to which system has a short in it. I know I read a thread where someone said to u lug the sensors, but all you need to do is unplug the fuse to disable the system. Much easier than unplugging sensors. I guess once you know which system it is, then you could unplug individual sensors to figure out which sensor in that system has the short.

See less See more
#3 ·
You've posted this in the wrong forum but I can tell you that your problem is being caused by a short to ground where the wiring is intermittently touching metal. It is most likely the harness that goes through the door by the hinges. If you hit a bump, the problem could show up and then go away after you hit another bump. That's why there is no rhyme or reason when it happens. If it was truly a failure, it wouldn't come and go, it would remain all the time. So now that you have located the bus that contains the wire, you need to check the path that it follows and you will find a wire with a bare, exposed spot.

#4 ·
Hi ll.williams1234,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist.

Rob
Dodge Cares

#5 ·
So when I bought the car there was a blinspot sensor in the trunk (one of the sensors located behind the rear bumper). I anticipate that when someone replaced the sensor they may have not properly secured the wiring and this is causing the short. Bumps don't set it off though, but water does. Whenever it rained, the issue would surface. For now I am just driving with no BS detection system (not a big deal). Just till I have the time to remove the bumper and check the wiring.

#6 ·
If you know that water is setting it off, then pulling your codes should tell you exactly which sensor it is. I would pull the codes before you start taking anything apart. O'Reilly's will pull them for you for no charge and give you a printout. No need to pay anyone for that information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.