Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my Charger for about 6 weeks I realized that I don't have a factory alarm:cry: . I can only blame myself of course. I am new to Dodge ( i've always been a Chevy man) and all of my previous vehicles have had keyless entry with an alarm. I've never seen Chevy offer the keyless entry and alarm seperate. We'll as I've now realized....Dodge does. Not too big of a deal, but well now I know what my first mod will be:confused: . So now I ask for the assistance of my fellow members. Anybody know of an aftermarket alarm that can use the factory keyfob? I'm really not wanting another key accessory to go along with the Charger key. Thanks in advance guys/girls.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i bought a prestige alarm cost about 300 installed. I realized i didnt have a factory alarm either after i got my nav unit stolen from car. hope no one else makes the same mistake i did and just think that the keyless entry was also an alarm.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Does a factory alarm come as part of the EVIC package?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same problem here, I just bought the car today, 2006 Charger SE, and I think I don't have an alarm system.

The main reason I thought I would have one is that my wife & I have had PT Cruisers since 02 and any PT with remote keyless entry has the factory alarm. The salesman, of course, had no idea.

I got out the owners manual when I got home and actually started reading it, (yes, I actually did!) and the language that they use and the diagrams of the instrument clusters of both the base (which I guess I got) cluster and the premium cluster, indicate that there IS an alarm system in there which will sound the horn and blink the lights, when activated.

The alarm indicator light, which is located below the gas gauge to the right, even blinks when the car is started, but there doesn't seem to be an alarm system to arm.

Could it be de-activated?? Or is it just the fact that the owners manual is a little off here, and not labeling the alarm section, "if equipped"???

So, if no alarm, what is the best solution? Pleaeeeze have one that doesn't incluee another key fob!!! I got a real good garman gps I would be heartbroken if it got stolen.....

Thanks in advance....

srg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Doesn't help solve anyone's problem here, but if someone who's looking for a Charger is browsing the forums...:
The alarm is included in the Popular Equipments Group.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay guys (and gals) here it is:

Viper 330v, Click HERE for Viper link....

After going to a few Car shops today, I finally found one in Largo that wasn't a dump, and they people there were friendly and knew their stuff....

The guy told me about the 330v, that is specifically designed to upgrade a factory remote keyless entry system into a REAL alarm system, using the factory keyfobs.

So, tomorrow, I get it installed, about $300. If you're interested, I'll post how I make out.

BTW, parked in the parking lot was a sublime Hemi Charger, totally tricked out, Im going to take my camera tomorrow, if it's there, I'll take pics! The guy said it had 26 inch wheels on it!

srg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mopar has an EVS alarm system that has motion and shock detection and ignition kill. It works with the original key fob. I installed it in my car.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
same here... my 06 SE 3.5 obviously don´t have any alarm, but my 07 R/T don´t have it too!!!! WTF!! LOL...

ok, I thought: my SE don´t have it ´cause is a SE... but my R/T with 6 airbags, boston acoustic system 6 cd mp3 player, u-connect, leather, sunroof etc etc = NO ALARM.

I´m a mopar fan since I born, and all my mopars were equiped with alarm, so I asked in my dodge dealer :

ME: What´s wrong with my car??? ´cause if I press the lock button (my control key) and open the door, any "BIIIIIIIIIIIP BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP" but when I start my car I see the red spot (alarm system) turns on and then turns off, and when I close my car the led don´t blink.... my jeep, stratus, t&c etc etc does...

manager: yes, you don´t have a "biping alarm", but you have a good anti-thief system: the transponder inside your key. The "alarm" only turns on the hunk-hunk-hunk, but you still have the most important part: the transponder, so don´t worry...

ok, if a thief want to do something bad to my car, he will do it with or without the hunk-hunk, right?? LOL

the only thing here is.... wtf with my all equiped car without alarm???

so, if you know more about this (have an aftermarket alarm activated with the OEM key) I will be happy :D

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Okay guys (and gals) here it is:

Viper 330v, Click HERE for Viper link....

After going to a few Car shops today, I finally found one in Largo that wasn't a dump, and they people there were friendly and knew their stuff....

The guy told me about the 330v, that is specifically designed to upgrade a factory remote keyless entry system into a REAL alarm system, using the factory keyfobs.

So, tomorrow, I get it installed, about $300. If you're interested, I'll post how I make out.
BTW, parked in the parking lot was a sublime Hemi Charger, totally tricked out, Im going to take my camera tomorrow, if it's there, I'll take pics! The guy said it had 26 inch wheels on it!

srg

please let us know!!!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
is this only an issue with the 2006 and 2007?? does the new 2008 have a stock alarm??? or is the 2008 just harder to steal since we have the new FOB key???

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got the Viper 330v installed today. So far it seems to do exactly what is advertized, it works like a real alarm system now.

I don't know what they had to do, but it took them the full 3 hrs to do it. Not that I minded, they told me 3 hrs beforehand, it's just that it's obviously not as easy as pluging it in and that's it.

They asked me if I wanted the horn for an alarm, or the siren. I'm glad I opted for the siren, because now the little, "chirp--chirp" after the little horn beep tells me not only the doors are locked, but the alarm is active. Otherwise it would have sounded like before, and you would have to look at the LED they installed to tell that the system is armed.

BTW, It turns out there are other threads on this board concerning the 330v. Click HERE for a good one from last December. Do a search on "Viper 330v" for the others.

srg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.