Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the F1's with Nitto's, 275 rear, 245 front. I've been impressed so far, but today it rained a little for the first time in ages..

As with my previous experience with other model Nitto's, these tires are exceptional in the rain. Just thought I'd share for someone looking for replacement tires. If the treadlife ends up being decent, I will buy these tires again.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Stack up the miles and let us know... and if you want to be incredibly helpful, measure the treadwear every 2k miles or so.

Then take it to a road course, then to the drags... j/k

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great tires. I have them in the stock staggered sizes. Definitely better than the F1's. I put 4K miles on them so far and have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have RSAs and am looking for a sticky tire to get better 60' times on the drag strip (not sure if I want to do drag radials). Can anyone compare their F1s to Nitto Invos on the drag strip or post their 60' times with the Invos?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Are Nitto's rated all or 3 season?

·
Registered
628 Posts
What's the recommended size for the 275 tires? Is it 275/45 or 275/40...

I was thinking 275/45/20 and 245/45/20 but I'm not sure how that would perform and look.

·
Registered
443 Posts
275/40 is almost the same size as the 255/45. I am running the 245/45 and 275/40 and I just love them compared to the f1s. I have about 1500 miles on them and they stick,handle, and are great in the little bit of rain we have out here in san diego. I do have to say with the predator no I break lose 2nd really hard but I can only imagine what it would be like on the f1s ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Keep us posted, sounds awesome. I just put some Proxes 4's on yesturday 245/45 front and 275/40 rear. I'll now in a couple hundred miles how good they are but so far they grab much better than the F-1's did. Could be the larger contact patch but the tread is much more aggressive. I considered the Invo's but I got a sweet deal on the Proxes. What are you guys dropping on the Invo's. Most places wanted upwards of $950 to the door.

·
Registered
443 Posts
1000 with road force balancing

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Discount Tire is 8 something to the door (free shipping).

I am running 275/40 rear and 245/45 front. An added benefit to me of these tires is they can be rotated side to side.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FWIW, and take this with a bag of salt, Consumer Reports just evaluated a bunch of ultra high performance tires, and the Nitto Invo's were rated pretty low. The Toyo Proxes 4 were better, and of course the Micheline Pilot Sport 2's were the best.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FWIW, and take this with a bag of salt, Consumer Reports just evaluated a bunch of ultra high performance tires, and the Nitto Invo's were rated pretty low. The Toyo Proxes 4 were better, and of course the Micheline Pilot Sport 2's were the best.
That actually makes me feel pretty good. Consumer Reports rates anything powerful or high performance low. Our SRT's would be way down the list with the hybrid Civic at the top!!

Seriously, I bought the Nittos because I've had experience with them in the past. I ran them on my 10 sec Camaro on the street and they have always impressed me.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yes but how much more $$$ are the Toyo's I know they can get pretty expensive. You have to look at alot of the factor's when comparing tires like tread life, cost, and performance.

They may hook up better but they also may last less or cost more then the invo's.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
So is $800 a pretty good price to pay for the Invo's out the door? Did someone say that they purchased them from discount tires?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discount Tire is 8 something to the door (free shipping).

I am running 275/40 rear and 245/45 front. An added benefit to me of these tires is they can be rotated side to side.
Is that regular price cause I got a personal hook up at Discount, did they just mount and balance them? Did you get your car alligned?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Just returned from a trip to MA, left Teus, got back tonite, from NY on, it was rain, a pretty bad accident up your way DP.

But, the Invos (I'm running 255 all around) were great in the wet, sprinkles to torrential.

I think mine were 800 or so shipped from DTD, and mounting and balancing (road force) was about 120-140.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just installed my Invo's yesterday and drove about 40 miles on them. I have 275/40 20 in the rear and 245/45 20 up front. So far I am amazed with them. I still get some wheelspin but not nearly as bad as the RSA's. I also tested them on a five mile stretch of road that goes around a mountain and the cornering is outstanding.

I am still waiting on the predator so I can change the tire sizes (I am assuming the speedo is off by a little?). I ordered them from Discount Tire Direct and they were here in three weeks.

·
Banned
87 Posts
While I am not planning to drive my SRT-8 in the snow, how do these tires perform in cold weather? My F1s spin like crazy as soon as the temp drops below 50 F. Some tire sites have these tires rated as "all season" other "3 season". What's the deal? :confused: This question was asked above but no one commented.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts