Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at new tires for my Daytona, and I happened to notice that the Nitto 555 in the 265/50/18 is the widest you can go (10.83'') on our stock wheels. It is also very similar to the stock diameter(28.2'') at 28.4''. The closest thing I found was the 255/55 in the 420S tire at 9.41'' width, which I know a lot of guys on the forum are running on their cars.

I found a link on one of the challenger forums where a guy is running the 265/50/18s on his stock 18s. I think they look pretty beefy compared to the stockers. Here is the link. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/nitto-265-50zr-18-stock-18-rims-pics-21490/

If these will fit correctly and be a good tire I am all about them. The larger width is what I want for an aggressive look.

Does anyone have any experience with the 555s? How is the tread life, ride, performance, etc. Positive or negative I want to hear it before I make a purchase.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
No, Not from the front or back...I know..what a slacker, I need to do that....I'll try and get it tomorrow and post them to you, that OK?
Heres some from the side

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, Not from the front or back...I know..what a slacker, I need to do that....I'll try and get it tomorrow and post them to you, that OK?
Sounds good. Thanks man.

As for the Invos, they may be a great tire, but they are expensive, and the tread looks ridiculous in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks man.

As for the Invos, they may be a great tire, but they are expensive, and the tread looks ridiculous in my opinion.
No problem, I searched and looked for ones that would look good on the car and still have good traction and ratings...the Vreds were better in price and looks also...IMOP..Did you check the link out..thats where I got mine from..shipped in a week...and the price was way better than anyone else...IMOP

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did check out the link, the only thing that worries me is the tread rating of 280. The 555s have a rating of 300, which isnt much better though.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
The big thing I was worried about was road noise.......And they are QUIET!!!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Thats a first..i`v never heard anyone say they did`nt like the tread, buts its all good. I can get them for around $170 a tire, which i don`t think is bad. How much are the verds?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Thats a first..i`v never heard anyone say they did`nt like the tread, buts its all good. I can get them for around $170 a tire, which i don`t think is bad. How much are the verds?
135.00 a piece...255/55ZR18:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Check out the link in my earlier post.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts