Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been fishing around many websites and have seen many different Nos kits. Now I don't know if I would ever shoot Nos into my car, from what I hear it is a very risky move (too much power on a mildly modded engine). Does anyone have any good experiences with it?

The only thing that caught my eye was the prices, they are pretty good on the kits. How much would installation be on them? Is it worth it considering the VERY light mods that I have?

Here's some reference:

http://www.402motoring.com/product.php?car=Dodge%20Charger&itemnumber=m5GKv65ZAzPUy2k9Gw4X

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think you should take a look at a Zex wet kit.
A very easy 3-wire hook up and is also adjustable from 75-125 hp, although I believe a 100 shot is as large as you can go w/o pulling timing.
It is a very good mod for your engine and you will definately notice it in the seat of your pants when you stomp the gas.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My thoughts are that it is so fn tempting at the price and delivery of power but I still haven't taken the plunge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I do not like the way they tap into the fuel line. ZEX makes a better fuel line connection, but their kits suck.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
zex is the easiest to hook up and the way i would go. i've zexed three of my cars. Hours faster to hook up. Pm t-rex ( if i remember right) he has a 100 shot and has for several months. 100 shots to the best of my knowledge have been running great on the 5.7's. 6.1's have higher compression so it isnt as safe but i still dont think i've seen any 6.1 problems either.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I've heard before and what you guys are saying now, the ZEX wet kit is the way to go. I've also heard that the dry kits aren't good for our cars. How is the long term effect on the engines wth a kit like that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have installed 10+ ZEX 82177 05-07 Hemi kits on both the 5.7 & 6.1 cars and they all have responed well to the system. The customers all love their new found power and the simplicity of programing the the Traction control window switch # ZEX82085. If and when you install a system, do yourself a favor and install a remote bottle opener ZEX82009. Don't forget a bottle pressure gauge and heater. Good Luck and have Fun, Dave

·
Registered
388 Posts
zex is the easiest to hook up and the way i would go. i've zexed three of my cars. Hours faster to hook up. Pm t-rex ( if i remember right) he has a 100 shot and has for several months. 100 shots to the best of my knowledge have been running great on the 5.7's. 6.1's have higher compression so it isnt as safe but i still dont think i've seen any 6.1 problems either.
From what I've heard before and what you guys are saying now, the ZEX wet kit is the way to go. I've also heard that the dry kits aren't good for our cars. How is the long term effect on the engines wth a kit like that?
Well, I have had my Zex kit on for a year and a half now, with god knows how many wot runs.
Engine is as good as new from what I can tell.
Guy at LS-1 tech has a 2001 C-5 who ran a 250? shot for over two hundred runs w/o issue.
His motor finally let go with a 285 shot, [ I believe because he did not pull enough timing].
Your car will be fine with the size shot you will be running.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yea on our cars, zex recommends no timing adjust with 100 shot, 125 2 degrees back, 150 4 degrees back. Obviously you dont want to run the retarded timing 24/7 as it will reduce performance so you'll have to spend a little more to make is so it only reduces timing when boost is present. 100 is simple and the way to go.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ZEX kits stink... And their tech sux... Ken the owner of Ny trex knows our cars, and makes a sweet kit.

I was going to use it, and decided against it, I am selling it need wheels instead.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I have had my Zex kit on for a year and a half now, with god knows how many wot runs.
Engine is as good as new from what I can tell.
Guy at LS-1 tech has a 2001 C-5 who ran a 250? shot for over two hundred runs w/o issue.
His motor finally let go with a 285 shot, [ I believe because he did not pull enough timing].
Your car will be fine with the size shot you will be running.
I have installed 10+ ZEX 82177 05-07 Hemi kits on both the 5.7 & 6.1 cars and they all have responed well to the system. The customers all love their new found power and the simplicity of programing the the Traction control window switch # ZEX82085. If and when you install a system, do yourself a favor and install a remote bottle opener ZEX82009. Don't forget a bottle pressure gauge and heater. Good Luck and have Fun, Dave
Well I'm glad to hear such good responses. So what I get out of this is that 100 shot and maybe even a 125 shot would be relatively safe, as long as I don't go crazy and go too much higher with it. Thanks for the feedback fellas.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear such good responses. So what I get out of this is that 100 shot and maybe even a 125 shot would be relatively safe, as long as I don't go crazy and go too much higher with it. Thanks for the feedback fellas.
run a stage cooler (ngk iridium i recommend) plugs than stock. Do not run platinums. Of course 91 octane at least and i'd still run 100 .

·
Registered
10,665 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
come on we need more than pics. you running 100 shot 4dr? Dont the srt's have slightly higher compression? Are the 100 shots safe on those too? If people are running 100's on srt with higher compression we 5.7 guys should be real safe.

Quit purging that ****. Its 3.20 a pound here. haha

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.