Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have first hand experience with how the 5.7 hemi likes nitrous (if at all?) If so, what kit/set up did you have? Im thinking of adding a kit to my charger but I haven't really found much on how it would work out:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Several people use the giggle juice on here, It can handle about 100shot...use the ZEX kit....or Arrington Engines..(shophemi.com) has a throttle body that has the jets already set up......MOST important...Proper TUNING.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, so im guessing a nitrous install shouldn't be attempted by someone who has never done it before?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
thank you, so im guessing a nitrous install shouldn't be attempted by someone who has never done it before?
Get the Zex kit part number 82177. if you know your way around a tool box you should be able to set this up your self. Its not hard just tedious.

Contact Speedlogix here on the forum as they have a nice kit to put together.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,401 Posts

If you're mechanically inclind at all, you should not have a problem. As Scott said, the Zex kit is plug and play.

I have been running a 125 shot on a stock 5.7 block. Tuning is key though. A good wideband and tune will keep you safe. Good Luck.

G

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
alright thanks for the advice guys.
ive worked on just about everything except a nitrous system, so i think ill go with the zex and install it myself. Probably gonna go with a 75 shot to start out with:)

edit: and thanks for referring me to shophemi.com, its the kind of site ive been looking for (only had the car a week)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts