Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the easiest way to tap into our fuel to equip my nx wet kit? ive had this kit since my last car and see no reason to buy another kit just due to the fact im not sure whats the best safest way to tap into the fuel rail or line... any pics or ideas would be great....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
whats the easiest way to tap into our fuel to equip my nx wet kit? ive had this kit since my last car and see no reason to buy another kit just due to the fact im not sure whats the best safest way to tap into the fuel rail or line... any pics or ideas would be great....

How did it tap into your old car??

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the fuel system is the reason most of the nx kits are vehicle specific. Let alone the jetting. What was the last car x2 /?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was on a 04 srt-4.... im sure ill have to get some fittings , but i had to buy an aftermarket fuel rail for the srt-4 , since the factory one didnt have a shrader valve like the charger.... thats why im wondering what is another way of doing it? im sure drilling and tapping the end of the fuel rail would work but surely i have an alternative way

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
well thats just what your going to have to do. you have to drill the rail on the passinger side and find some one that can weld the fitting on for you/or buy a set of billet rails [$275] AND your going to need a pcm reflash to knock the timing down. you'll be safe with a 100 shot and can run it all day with out any problems but again you WILL need a reflash of the PCM [b&g]=$500-OR a diablo custom tune to knock the timing back at least 2 degree's.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
well thats just what your going to have to do. you have to drill the rail on the passinger side and find some one that can weld the fitting on for you/or buy a set of billet rails [$275] AND your going to need a pcm reflash to knock the timing down. you'll be safe with a 100 shot and can run it all day with out any problems but again you WILL need a reflash of the PCM [b&g]=$500-OR a diablo custom tune to knock the timing back at least 2 degree's.

What he said^^^^ Its not impossable to do the fitting I have done it..
old set up---VVVVVVV

New set upVVVV

·
Registered
163 Posts
1FST4DR, who makes your Nitrous kit? Where did you get it? Did it include everything for the install? I like the purge valves with the leds, I want to do something similar.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
scott is runing a ZEX'S KIT-AND YOU CAN FIND THE HOOD SPRAYER PURGE KIT FROM SUMMIT RACING. and by the way he is runing 2 bottles. it's a very clean install

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks, Scott if you've got more pics I'd love to see them. I don't think I'll be running two bottles, but I really like the purge valves with the LEDs. I should be getting Heads/Cam installed sometime in the next few weeks, I'd like to Dyno them and then add Nitrous.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Thanks, Scott if you've got more pics I'd love to see them. I don't think I'll be running two bottles, but I really like the purge valves with the LEDs. I should be getting Heads/Cam installed sometime in the next few weeks, I'd like to Dyno them and then add Nitrous.
Make sure you tell your installer that you want to run N20.that might make a difference in the cam you use..there are alot of supporting vendors on here that can get you the Zex kit#82177 I think.Thats the direct bolt on for lx cars.My kit is a little older thats why I tapped my fuel rail.You dont have to that anymore..When you ready for the N20 shoot me a Pm I will help as much as i can..I will post some pics tonight

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
with a 75shot i dont have to pull any timing and 2 degree's on a 100 shot.... whats the max shot you think our bottom ends can handle?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Make sure you tell your installer that you want to run N20.that might make a difference in the cam you use..there are alot of supporting vendors on here that can get you the Zex kit#82177 I think.Thats the direct bolt on for lx cars.My kit is a little older thats why I tapped my fuel rail.You dont have to that anymore..When you ready for the N20 shoot me a Pm I will help as much as i can..I will post some pics tonight
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
with a 75shot i dont have to pull any timing and 2 degree's on a 100 shot.... whats the max shot you think our bottom ends can handle?
i would stop at a 100 shot-altuo i have seen 125 on another charger and i did a dyno run on my charger with a 150 shot but it didn work out well and had problems with hal. [SCARED ME] a 125 shot will cost money meaning a new pcm flash and full exhaust to reap the benifits. a 100 shot will work on a 5.7 with just a colder spark plug-a cat backand a CAI. I've seen that set up a couple of times around here. REMEMBER that the 6.1 is a different animal then the 5.7 and can take a lot more of what you throw at it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what type whp are you looking at with a car , tuner , catback exhaust and a 100shot? just an idea and what could one expect as far as 1/4 time slip with a decent 60 foot?

thanks again

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah an r/t ... thanks in advance.... my goal with this car is the same as it was with my neon srt-4 id like to if at all get around 400whp with out going into the motor too heavily but then again im not sure how well the bottom ends hold up in the 5.7's a little advice would be great.... thanks

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
yeah an r/t ... thanks in advance.... my goal with this car is the same as it was with my neon srt-4 id like to if at all get around 400whp with out going into the motor too heavily but then again im not sure how well the bottom ends hold up in the 5.7's a little advice would be great.... thanks
You can go with a 100 shot no problems..Change the plugs 1 degree colder
..I recommend the Zex for beginners..Easy to install..JMO..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts