Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nice to see Dodge/Chrysler making a come back with some pretty hot new vehicles. I'd like to them get the #3 spot back in the big 3. With their Ram Pickups, the Dodge Magnum, The Chrysler 300 and that kickass new Dodge Charger I think they can do it. I'd like to see them bring back the Dodge Challenger and Plymouth Barracuda.

I remember back in the 70s when Chrysler took a beating and was about to go under and ask their employees to take a paycut but gave them some really nice stock options. My father-in-law was one of them. He still has his stock. With these new lines of cars their developing I think people that still have their stock are going to see a nice increase in the stock value. I was always a GM person but looking at Chryslers new line I'd deffinitly consider getting a Dodge. I told the wife she might want to consider getting the new Magnum. That car is pretty damn hot for a station wagon style. As far as the Charger goes that car Rocks from what I can see.

I see where a couple people on this board bought a new Charger. Maybe someone who just bought one can tell us how it handles and it's pro's and cons.

Check out this Charger video Click Ready,set,unleash then Speed in the lower left. I think that Nazareth/Chris Classic remix is a pretty hot tune.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My girl just gave me the heads up on some 06 charger special on FX but i don't see anything does anyone know any thing about it

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I just emailed FX and asked them. I'll post their answer when I get it.

Oh, by the way, I PICK UP MY CHARGER TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
99 Posts
Harbour's revealing numbers

Chris Vander Doelen
Windsor Star

June 7, 2005

Auto Talk

So much important information about the auto industry gushes out of the Harbour Report every spring that some of it goes unnoticed by the media.

Most of Harbour's annual study of the auto industry has to do with efficiency. But it also measures all sorts of crucial profit and loss figures in the business.

For instance, did you know that General Motors is losing $2,311 US for every car and truck it builds? That was the average loss at GM for the first quarter of 2005, according to Harbour Consulting.

The other main North American producers are all making money, but probably not as much as you might think. DaimlerChrysler Inc. made $186 per vehicle last quarter, despite having some of the hottest products on the market, such as the Chrysler 300.

The Ford Motor Co. Ltd. was making $620 per car during the first three months of the year -- a major improvement over the losses it suffered in 2002, but still pretty weak.

Honda made $1,250 US; Nissan made an industry-leading $1,603 US.

A cushion of $186 between profit and loss is so small as to be a major worry for the Chrysler Group. As one of its executives told me recently: "If Toyota decided to put $500 more (incentives) on the hoods of all its cars tomorrow, we could be out of business."

Toyota makes a profit of $1,488 US per vehicle, which is down sharply over the past year due to the incentive wars.

But it still makes enough that it could easily destroy what's left of the market share of the Big Three by upping its own incentives by a few hundred per car.

And it would still be making five times the profit Chrysler makes.

One of the key reasons for the gap in profitability is average transaction price. "This is a really important number," says Ron Harbour, president of Harbour consulting.

And there again, GM is at the bottom of the transaction price pile, able to persuade consumers to part with an average of $20,659 US per vehicle.

Toyota commands an average price of $26,514 US per vehicle. (The other companies all range somewhere in between.)

GM's low transaction price is even worse when you consider how many expensive pickup trucks, Corvettes and Cadillacs it sells. That means it's losing huge money on its small and midsize cars it builds.

Why does Toyota charge more, even though it sells, on average, smaller cars? Because people are willing to pay more for a Toyota product.

They used to be willing to pay more because Toyota products were so much better. Recently GM, Ford and Chrysler have closed the quality gap. Some GM cars are now measurably better than some Toyota cars.

But people continue to pay more for a Toyota because they hold their value better. They hold their value because Toyota is not flooding the markets with cut-rate sedans via the rental fleets, as Ford and GM have been, to spread their health care costs.

The crisis gripping Detroit these days, Harbour says, "is as much a revenue problem as a product problem."

As much as Detroit's Big Three improve their quality and improve their product lineup, the Japanese Big Three have stayed ahead of them.

Well it's not as good as you think. Ford is doing much better than DC.

·
Registered
832 Posts
GM was on the cover of Business Weekly. according to them they give GM 10 more years till they are dead broke :wave:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
RonRacer said:
My girl just gave me the heads up on some 06 charger special on FX but i don't see anything does anyone know any thing about it
What special?

What is this?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't know cuz it's not showing up on my guide channel. but according to her she was watching FX and they said they were having "charged up Thursday" at 6pm -12am but all i see is the transporter. So needless to sat i have been watch FX gor 2days to get the info but no commercial yet :neutral:

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
RonRacer said:
I don't know cuz it's not showing up on my guide channel. but according to her she was watching FX and they said they were having "charged up Thursday" at 6pm -12am but all i see is the transporter. So needless to sat i have been watch FX gor 2days to get the info but no commercial yet :neutral:
lol...your wife is a liar. ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
epoch said:
lol...your wife is a liar. ;)
Just messing whichcha'.
But just saw the promo: Charger Thursday from 6p to 12a seem that they will showing insider info on the charger during breaks between shows then at the end of the transporter they will have a mini special(it looks like they are just going to show the video clip from the site but i'll watck it :grin: I just hope they tell me something chargeshed or GLHS hasn't said before :wink:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
RonRacer said:
Just messing whichcha'.
But just saw the promo: Charger Thursday from 6p to 12a seem that they will showing insider info on the charger during breaks between shows then at the end of the transporter they will have a mini special(it looks like they are just going to show the video clip from the site but i'll watck it :grin: I just hope they tell me something chargeshed or GLHS hasn't said before :wink:
hehe, sweet.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My wife was right we were wrong. She is the greatest woman in the world and i will love her forever. :love: :love:

·
Registered
832 Posts
RonRacer said:
My wife was right we were wrong. She is the greatest woman in the world and i will love her forever :love: :love: .
It was a bet :redface: i don't want to here it

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RonRacer said:
Just messing whichcha'.
damn, I missed it...turned on fx, saw cops- no Charger special :mad: wasn't that supposed to be on tonight? :confused:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
the movie transporter (on right now on the west coast) is on FX sponsored by Dodge, and on commercial breaks they are showing charger commercials and such...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Great, I missed it! You will all have to tell me how that special was... but for now, it's time for bed :asleep:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
comming up is a "special look" at limited production models.... the Daytona R/T and SRT-8

·
Registered
630 Posts
chargershed said:
Great, I missed it! You will all have to tell me how that special was... but for now, it's time for bed :asleep:
The commercials (gag, am I about to say this!) were great! But you certainly didn't miss anything by not catching the movie that was sponsored. It was a really bad rendition of a Van Damme/Norris high kicking movie with some of the action sequences being silly inferences to "Raiders Of The Lost Arc". Pretty Bad. :sick: The following "Fear Factor episode was passable.

·
Registered
832 Posts
CO-Charger69&06 said:
The commercials (gag, am I about to say this!) were great! But you certainly didn't miss anything by not catching the movie that was sponsored. It was a really bad rendition of a Van Damme/Norris high kicking movie with some of the action sequences being silly inferences to "Raiders Of The Lost Arc". Pretty Bad. :sick: The following "Fear Factor episode was passable.
Whoa whoa the transporter is the ****.
How did you miss it. it was from 6-12!
But chargershed you didn't miss to much. they talked to the chef designer of the charger and the guy of the LX platform and some chick in marketing :bored: . and i did not see the part about the suspension cuz i had seen that episode of king of the hill and it was other stuff on(Like maybe the NBA finals).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts