Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the Niagara Falls meet last September was a great time for all that came, and I have been asked by several members if we'd be organizing a second annual meet, but I had been holding off due to my current situation.

Lisa just said "Screw it. Who cares? Let's do it again regardless."

:D

Is it any wonder I love this woman?

Tentative date is Saturday, September 19, 2009.

Feedback welcome...but we are thinking same meeting spot as last year (grassy parking area/park near the Skylon tower) and if we get enough people for a group rate (10 rooms minimum) I will take care of setting that up.

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-

EDIT: Pics from last year:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88949

Confirmed Date is Saturday, September 19th
I suggest a meeting time of 12:00 Noon
Meeting place will be the grassy parking lot directly across from the Skylon Tower

For MapQuesting purposes the address is:

5200 Robinson Street
Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
L2G 2A2

One of my favorite pictures from last year:

:D

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Attendees

FLEX & Foxxxy - Charger R&T
Newfie & Wife - HEMI RAM
BrianG & JULZ - Sublime Daytona
fargo59 - Charger R&T
Black Bullet - Charger R/T
Go Mango - GoManGo Daytona
Candyapple - Magnum
chuddleston2003 & Wife - Charger
Anguish & Mrs. Anguish - Charger R&T
Coopers Dad - Magnum R/T
Hemirection - Magnum R/T
Witchy Wndy - Sublime Daytona
Hemi31 - Mag-300-num
Zoban - Magnum
Magnum P.I. - Magnum
Chuckwagon & Michelle - Charger R/T
sik300srt8 - 300 SRT
Higshemi - Magnum R/T
TopBanana107 - TopBanana Daytona
Token - Magnum R/T
Michael RT - Charger R/T
Duderotomy - Subaru Surprise
NCGrimbo - Plum Crazy Daytona
SPOOOKY - Charger
The Mirage - Charger
Bill - Nitro SLT
LilRedWagn - Magnum
bigz2544 - Charger
Black Bullet - Charger R/T
atrachsel - Charger
Daytona #77 - GoManGo Daytona
Mellow Yellow - Top Banana Daytona
hemicanucksfan - Magnum R/T
dodgecharger-fan & Mrs. - Charger

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I was planning a tahoe trip but Lemmie ask the wife if she would like to see the falls. I'll try and make it as I really want to see tge falls/Canada anyway.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We are going to make it. Just the two of us.

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going to make it. Just the two of us.
Awesome. List updated.

Chris, if you want you can post this on the Z forums. We had a couple guys from there last year, but I am banned over there so cannot post.

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I just spoke to Mrs. Anguish and we're in.

Do you guys have a hotel you suggest? Mrs. Anguish and I have a motel-style place we've stayed at a few times before that has nice jacuzzi rooms. Looks like the rates are a bit higher than I remember but that could be seasonal. $240CDN/night for the jacuzzi, $99CDN/night for the normal rooms. It's a nice place and we'll probably crash there, but I'm curious what others are doing.

Thanks to Flex for doing this.

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just spoke to Mrs. Anguish and we're in.

Do you guys have a hotel you suggest? Mrs. Anguish and I have a motel-style place we've stayed at a few times before that has nice jacuzzi rooms. Looks like the rates are a bit higher than I remember but that could be seasonal. $240CDN/night for the jacuzzi, $99CDN/night for the normal rooms. It's a nice place and we'll probably crash there, but I'm curious what others are doing.

Thanks to Flex for doing this.
The place we stayed at last year was nice. Not super fancy, but we did have the heart-shaped jacuzzi. And most importantly it was clean. $CDN 129 as I recall.

Once we get close to enough people for a group rate I will do more homework. Last year I did all the legwork and got a contract for a group rate and everyone got their own rooms at different hotels so it was wasted effort.

We need 10 rooms minimum for a group rate.

Already looks like we'll have a decent turnout again this year. :banana:

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
The place we stayed at last year was nice. Not super fancy, but we did have the heart-shaped jacuzzi. And most importantly it was clean. $CDN 129 as I recall.
Sounds good, as long as we're not sharing the jacuzzi. <Grin> I'm not terribly worried about group rates, so hey.

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, as long as we're not sharing the jacuzzi. <Grin>
:slap:

I'm not terribly worried about group rates, so hey.
Yeah, there are so many hotels/motels in such a small area, there are deals to be had, with or without a "group rate", which is why, I am sure, no one bothered to pursue it last year.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Jim, let me talk to the wife this week and I will let you know.

I'm glad to hear that you're not keeping your current situation from holding you guys back...I can see why you love that FoXXXy!!!

I think it's about time I meet my fellow Canadian...what do you think? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim! You are banned over there? WTF for??? :mad:
I reported a post in which a supporting vendor was selling a decal that depicted Calvin urinating on what was quite obviously a depiction of this forum, and asked that they not allow it to be promoted.

I was subsequently IP Banned. If you look at my profile over there, you will see that I am not "officially" banned, but I cannot access the site unless I use a proxy server to hide my IP address, which is a total PITA, very very slow, and won't alllow me to log in.

Sound familiar???

Jim, let me talk to the wife this week and I will let you know.

I'm glad to hear that you're not keeping your current situation from holding you guys back...I can see why you love that FoXXXy!!!

I think it's about time I meet my fellow Canadian...what do you think? :lol:
Yeah, you need to get your ass to Niagara, brother. :yes:

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
List updated.

For those that aren't sure yet, please post here or PM when you know for sure so I can add you to the list.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
7,082 Posts

-=FLEX=-
:iagree:

List updated.

For those that aren't sure yet, please post here or PM when you know for sure so I can add you to the list.

-=FLEX=-
Will do brother!:beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
I reported a post in which a supporting vendor was selling a decal that depicted Calvin urinating on what was quite obviously a depiction of this forum, and asked that they not allow it to be promoted.

I was subsequently IP Banned. If you look at my profile over there, you will see that I am not "officially" banned, but I cannot access the site unless I use a proxy server to hide my IP address, which is a total PITA, very very slow, and won't alllow me to log in.

Sound familiar???

-=FLEX=-
OMG you have got to be kidding me!!! I'm so sorry. They did the same thing to Matt as you know and that's one of the reasons I don't post there anymore. Damn. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMG you have got to be kidding me!!! I'm so sorry. They did the same thing to Matt as you know and that's one of the reasons I don't post there anymore. Damn. :(
More to the story now...

I am also a member of GTALX, a local forum (Greater Toronto Area LX car owners). Well that forum just happens to be hosted by the same server as a few of the Z forums, so I am effectively banned there as well.

One of the Admins on the Z admitted that I am banned last night, because "he is a moderator on a competing forum". And he won't unban me. What a load of BS. The Admins/Moderators there are very childish. There are lots (if not all) of the CF Admins/Moderators that are members of LXF, and we didn't all get banned over there. Makes no sense to me. It's not in their forum rules that you can't be a Moderator on a "competing forum". Anyway, I don't care. I barely go over there, anyway.

And now back on topic: are you coming to Niagara Falls??? ;)

-=FLEX=-

1 - 20 of 187 Posts