Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all hoped it would coming, most of us even stated a guarantee, I think this is a great venue for the NHL. I have made a point to watch each of the previous games.

Boston Bruins vs Philadelphia Flyers

I think a larger location could have been chosen for more fan access but I think the Fenway crew can make this work very well.

The other thing I question is the Flyers for an opponent? Flyers are good but is there really that much of a rivalry? What about the Habs? The Stanley Cup Champ? Or even better the Carolina Hurricanes wearing Whalers uniforms?

Fingers crossed for a great game, your thoughts?
Tom

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I like the idea of having the bruins vs the flyers. The habs would probably be a better game but they will probably save them to face the leafs or the sens. Plus the penguins have already been in a Winter Classic so it won't be for awhile till they're in another one.

Also the Carolina Hurricanes can't wear the old Whalers jersey just like when the Phoenix Coyotes came back to Winnipeg for a pre-season game we had a protest that they should be able to wear the old Jets jersey's but it was against the NHL rules. Good idea though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
realy the only reason its not the habs is because of t.v. ratings, two american teams = more american viewers = more money for everyone. It makes sense to cater to the audience and i may be wrong but are the flyers even an original six team? I would prefer the rangers but thats just me.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hockey at Fenway, I wonder what Orr thinks of this!?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Original six isn't important for this thing only tv revenues. The Rangers would have been a better choice.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
As a New England sports fan I honestly couldn't care less who they play for this particular game. All the specifics, to me anyway, are lost to the novelty of watching a hockey game at Fenway. This will be a game I'll be sure not to miss.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I went to the Pens winter classic in Buffalo 2 years ago. Had a great time. Tailgated with the Sabres fans. But the seating there was for 80k. Lots more fans and atmosphere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts