Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if there is anything else to do before power adders? My mods are in my sig, I plan on doing the getfrag swap, but other than that what is there NOT counting power adders?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP! .... Anyone? :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You can Switch to longtubes, sure you already know that...

Or how about coatings to reduce heat retention. You can get your intake modified, i read FRI says the 5.7 intake is their favorite to work on. Also, doesnt XV motorsports have a new intake for the 5.7?

·
Registered
182 Posts
6.1 intake manafold, long tubes, stroker, brakes, suspension, red or blue top trans switch deal, drag radials, lighten the body, strut bars, sway bars, give me your extra money......

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6.1 intake manafold, long tubes, stroker, brakes, suspension, red or blue top trans switch deal, drag radials, lighten the body, strut bars, sway bars, give me your extra money......
Lol, I don't have any money for modding until next year, outside of maybe a hood this year for my birthday. I am trying to find out what I want to do next, to plan budgeting, etc. What does a stroker cost? I think I already screwed myself on that, because it should have been done with the mods I did, but what does that run? Also what goes into switching to a 6.1 manifold, and is it worth it for the cost? That, and what IS the cost?

You can Switch to longtubes, sure you already know that...

Or how about coatings to reduce heat retention. You can get your intake modified, i read FRI says the 5.7 intake is their favorite to work on. Also, doesnt XV motorsports have a new intake for the 5.7?
What coating would I want to do? Or how would FRI modify it to benefit me? Sounds good, just want more info! And is there any other intakes that are worth buying, like you said maybe XV?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
PM-FL does coatings, also always hear good things about swaintech out of NY.

I think your best bet is to contact the Vendor of your choice, i just said FRI because i read them saying the 5.7 is their intake of choice to work on, so i think thats porting/polishing/coating etc...However, even tho i have never worked with them i would call PPP. They are always on here and seem to help out alot.

The XV is new i don't think it's been marketed correctly, thus has not received a warm welcome in the marketplace + it's expensive. My understanding is it works best in combo with other BIG mods, which appears you have already handled, so it may be right for you.

Likely, if you can go without your intake for awhile having it worked on, tuned or whatever is probably your best bet.

These cars hate heat, and the 6.1 manifold is more prone to that then the 5.7 (assuming no coating)

Hope this helps, sure someone with more expertise will clarify and point you in a better direction.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I thought I read on the LX forum your planning to get a stroker and super charger. Stroker costs around 5 grand. I have no clue what people are selling the 6.1 manafolds for but there is a recent dyno showing around 25-30 HP increase from this mod alone. It will have to be port matched though. As for XV I thought that was only for forced induction stuff. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I read on the LX forum your planning to get a stroker and super charger. Stroker costs around 5 grand. I have no clue what people are selling the 6.1 manafolds for but there is a recent dyno showing around 25-30 HP increase from this mod alone. It will have to be port matched though. As for XV I thought that was only for forced induction stuff. I could be wrong.
No stroker, just a S/C, however I am starting to read more about a stroker and may go that route instead of a S/C if it produces enough gains.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I vote stroker and wish I did that before my heads/cam install. You have more options to add other stuff with a stroker first. I'm now stuck with only a stroker option. Did that make sense? LOL. Anyhow you could easily add n2o on top of the stroker for cheap and get a ton of HP that way.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I vote stroker and wish I did that before my heads/cam install. You have more options to add other stuff with a stroker first. I'm now stuck with only a stroker option. Did that make sense? LOL. Anyhow you could easily add n2o on top of the stroker for cheap and get a ton of HP that way.

Yeah it made sense, I just don't know what there is to do as far as intake manifold upgrades go, anyone have any links? Costs, hp/tq gains?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts

Yeah it made sense, I just don't know what there is to do as far as intake manifold upgrades go, anyone have any links? Costs, hp/tq gains?
Mango,

I guess you already know my opinon on performance mods.:biggrinjester:

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040 :driving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts