Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 with Nav and my Navteq DVD is way outdated - like a subdivision built here in 2003 doesn't even show up at all... streets or anything! Not sure which one I have but I think it may be version AE (2007?)

Either way, does anyone have any user photos or screenshots of the newest version (AJ)? Is it any different and truly updated or just interface & looks? Just doing some homework as these DVD's are a good $200 to buy.

If anyone has any shots or know a website that does have further info on the new version, it'd be very appreciated as the Navteq website doesn't give much detail.

Also, on the Navteq website, when selecting year of Charger to determine which update I need, 2006-2007 shows "North America Map DVD v.AJ" but selecting 2008 to 2011 brings up "North America Map for UConnect Version 2011. If I have UConnect, wouldn't this be the update I'd need even though my car is an '06?

Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
They changed the way to update it 2008 and up. So you would need the correct version. Call them up and they can help, on you system information for the nav it should have the year it was made but it's confusing, something like year and then week it was released. Anyhow, I never bought a new one but I've wanted to, it is annoying that you can home some sort of lifetime update thing, especially since new ones come out every few years and a gps with free updates can cost under $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
676 Posts
The 2008-2010 Chargers have the mygig radios in them. Its a deifferent radio than you have in your '06 i assume.

Looks like you have a REC navi.

The 2011+ chargers have a whole 'nother system again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts