Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got to take some photos of my blown 426 stroker. Car runs great. No issues, no CEL, no limp mode and no traction. Not sure if the last point is good or not. Even with the new diff and axles the car still breaks the tires loose at 60+ MPH. Motor was designed and built by Josh at Vaca performance. From the custom Wiseco pistons to the secret recipe comp blower cam, it’s all purpose built….for hauling ass! Very streetable and behaves extremely well under normal driving conditions. It’s my daily driver. Here are some photos of the build in progress.

With an upgraded Vortech T-Trim blower and smaller pulley the car almost makes 12 psi. I’m shooting for 14 psi – 16 psi but 12 psi is ok for now. Last dyno was 575 RWHP on a super conservative tune. Couldn’t be happier. Just got some Nitto drag radials and should be hitting a track in the near future. Still have the stock tranny but that’s next on the list.

·
Registered
273 Posts
that is nice lookin. thats kinda what i wanted to do cept i was wanting a kenne belle instead of the vortech. how much all that set u back?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
that is a monster! only in my dreams will my car ever get that treatment.

that some beautiful tig welding on that reservoir, not sure i could do better myself.

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Well I finally got to take some photos of my blown 426 stroker. Car runs great. No issues, no CEL, no limp mode and no traction.
LMAO @ "no traction" :biggrinjester:

Congrats though. Looks badass. :rocker:

Got a video of thing on a dyno or doing a burnout or anything???

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
180 Posts
wow, congrats. I can only imagine how much fun you'll be having, and I'll have to say I think im pretty damn jealous haha. You get it on the dyno at all to get some numbers on the power of that beast?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
that is nice lookin. thats kinda what i wanted to do cept i was wanting a kenne belle instead of the vortech. how much all that set u back?
In case the guy doesn't want to talk dollars and cents about his own stuff... A supercharger for a 6.1 is roughly 6-7 grand and a 426 can run about 10-12k. Keep in mind there are a lot of variables and other parts that go into it including labor costs. Each build is different depending on the shop so if this is something for you then you need to call up your local speed shop and ask or you could communicate wit a forum vendor that does this stuff and they can give you a ballpark. Big hp costs money but I'm sure the smiles are well worth it.

That is a sick setup. That engine bay looks awesome too. I'm not usually a fan of the way the Vortech looks with all of the shiny material but that black tubing makes it look sweet. Congrats man. Let's see some slips! :beerchug:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fan F-IN TASTIC

WELL THE POWER is great it loooks great as well,, nice job they did really nice :bowdown:

being that im a novice when it comes to engines is that your stock block that they overhauled or a entire new stroker?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Sweet ride! What kind of numbers are you seeing on the dyno?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
You should talk to user 8YOURM5 on the LX forums as he was the first guy in the world running the 426 with Kenne Bell. I know he had so many issues that he no longer is running his blower. I don't know the specifics, so ask him directly.

My other question is for the OP- I am curious as to why you are running a blower with the 426. Couldn't you hit similar rear wheel HP numbers with just a well tuned 426? It just seems like a lot of added risk and headaches (see 8YOURM5) for very little performance gain. Am I missing something?

I am not trying to be a jerk either, I seriously want to know.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
hell yeah, where in so cal are u? i would love to see that in person

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Julio my man for some reason you sound like a car thief wanting to see it in person. :D Hahahahahahaha :ninja:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
:ninja: those are the types of mexicans that make us "good guys" look bad Todd lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i just want to admire it i swear :grin:

·
Registered
169 Posts
man that is hot. Is that a brand new engine or did you have yours redone? If you don't mind what did you pay for the 426? :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
You should talk to user 8YOURM5 on the LX forums as he was the first guy in the world running the 426 with Kenne Bell. I know he had so many issues that he no longer is running his blower. I don't know the specifics, so ask him directly.

My other question is for the OP- I am curious as to why you are running a blower with the 426. Couldn't you hit similar rear wheel HP numbers with just a well tuned 426? It just seems like a lot of added risk and headaches (see 8YOURM5) for very little performance gain. Am I missing something?

I am not trying to be a jerk either, I seriously want to know.
To echo grimlock's query, I thought a properly tuned 426 could get north of 700hp easy. A supercharger just seems like spiking the ball. :banana:
Not that I disagree whatsoever with your vulgar display of power, it's just why risk it?
And by the way, freaking sweet ass setup dude!!! :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts