Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum, so I just wanted to say hi. Anyway I bought a black RT a couple of weeks ago and am having a blast so far! :happy:

Now I need to decide which wheels to put on. (20")

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! check out the pics forum to see some sick r/t's with 20's and 22's...on a side note, what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I haven't had it long enough to check out the gas mileage yet. Soon as I go on a trip I will. Besides that my wife drives it and she has a lead foot.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The Black R/T seems pretty popular :D

I'll also post some fuel figures later on...

:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice wheels! What kind are they? Is the ride a lot stiffer with the 22" ? I have had a time trying to find wheels to fit, that I like.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
steve88 said:
I took out a black r/t today these cars are amazing. What a blast to drive.
I know what you mean...took out a cool vanilla yesterday, found some twisties, raced a 540i BMW, all in all a great day!

I hope everyone who gets one really enjoys the car, and our forum continues to add enthusiastic members!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello Everyone!

My name is John and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I was wondering if anyone had any objections in me joining the conversation?

Thanks,

John B.
Marketing Representative – Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
My name is John and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I was wondering if anyone had any objections in me joining the conversation?
Welcome to the forum John B.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just wanted to say congratulations on your recent purchase RT4ME. I also wanted to make myself available to all of you in case you have any questions, comments or concerns on the Dodge Charger.. I look forward to reading more of your comments and answering any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: John B.

I've now read on here from another rep that the R/T perf. pkg has a "diff't exhaust" from the one used on the Daytona RT, but is similar to the exhaust on the regular RT?

If the exhausts are the same between the RT and the RT perf pkg model, then does the add'l 10HP come strictly from the intake on the perf pkg? I am confused on the exhaust differences between these three models/trim levels?

One other question, will the SRT rims be available as an "upgrade" option for RTs?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: John B.

Moparbar said:
One other question, will the SRT rims be available as an "upgrade" option for RTs?
Oh God I hope so.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome John B.

DodgeInfoCenter said:
I just wanted to say congratulations on your recent purchase RT4ME. I also wanted to make myself available to all of you in case you have any questions, comments or concerns on the Dodge Charger.. I look forward to reading more of your comments and answering any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com
I am on standby to order my SRT8, and was wondering if you had any info as to the production number of the SRT8. Thank You Sir! Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:happy: Thanks John B.
I sure am happy with this new Charger! My last mopar street car was a 1970 440 Six Pack Cuda, (wish I still had that one!). It's nice to see a new car thats fun and looks good! Dodge did a good job!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello again everyone!

You have some pretty good questions Moparbar. There are differences between the exhaust systems in the 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, the Charger R/T with the Road/Track Performance Group and the Charger Daytona R/T. There’s the standard induction and exhaust system in the Charger R/T, while the Charger R/T with the Road/Track Performance Group has a specially tuned induction and exhaust system. The Daytona R/T has its own unique high-performance exhaust system. This is why the Charger Daytona R/T has its own distinctive, throaty exhaust note.

The SRT wheels aren’t a factory option for the Charger R/T at this point and time, but if you’re looking to get them for your R/T you may need to consult your local Dodge dealership, if this is a possibility.

At this time mmaloy we don’t have any production numbers available for the Dodge Charger SRT-8. Although, they are expected to start appearing in dealerships around late Fall/early Winter.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback! If you have anymore questions comments or concerns feel free to post, I’ll be around!

John B.
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts