Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a newbie to the forum and to the Dodge Charger. I sold my 1997 Dodge Dakota yesterday and purchased a 2009 Dodge Charger Police Package today. The car is a former NC Highway Patrol unit and is in pretty decent shape.

My Charger is silver with the 5.7L V8 HEMI engine and boy does it like to be driven! The location I purchased it from was an hour drive from home so the ride back was interesting. I have never had so many people move over out of my way and it gave me a chance to really see how it accelerates. This thing loves to get up and go! Now I didn't get to push it too hard (for fear of a ticket) but I did get it to 85 on one stretch. Drives straight as an arrow and is not bad on rough roads.

The interior is immaculate, only the drivers seat looks sat in...the passenger and rear seats look like it rolled off the showroom floor yesterday. But the agency does do many transports of prisoners and no cage was installed. The car has 146,000 miles on it and I hope to get the maintenance records this coming week if possible.

I look forward to learning a lot about this car from this forum and learn the ins and outs of owning one. I have always loved a Dodge and this is my third...but first HEMI.

I appreciate being able to have a place to discuss the car and thank those in charge for putting this site together. I look forward to contributing as much as I can!

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats! Welcome from MA!

2014 phantom black rt max

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Of course, you do know pictures of your new ride are required...right?

:grin2:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Big John From NYC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts