Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Sub Lime Daytona about 4 months ago. I drove Kia's for about 7 years and was shopping for a fun little sports car as my second car. I ended up driving by a Dodge dealer and saw a black R/T out front and decided to check it out.

As I drove in the lot I saw the Sub Lime and said "What the heck is that?". Drove it and on the first acceleration decided I had to have it. I never knew I had the need for speed. :lol:

I took my "baby" to the track 2 weeks ago for the first time (first time for me too... never have even been to a track so didn't know the first thing about the tree.. funny story in itself.. wish I had read CHERRY's drag racing tips first...). Best time was 14.7.

Went again last week... much better. Running with ESP on and automatic both times. Car is completely stock.

Date: Sep 28th, 2007

Reaction Time: 0.064
60 Foot Time: 2.151
330 Foot Time: 6.014
1/8 Mile Time: 9.156
1/8 Mile MPH: 78.42
1000 Foot Time: 11.899
1/4 Mile Time: 14.206
1/4 Mile MPH: 97.96

When I was in my lane for this run, I noticed a red R/T lined up as well and was really excited. I noticed the driver was wearing a helmet. I was like "hmmm..... why???". He ran before me.... I managed to see his 1/4 mile time. I think it was over 107 mph. WTF??? What did this dude do to his car??????? I want to go that fast!!!!!!!

Well, it was InferAl:grin: Dang... I have some work to do.... LOL....

Wendy

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
So you met my friend AL.
What track are you racing at ?
Are you going to go to the track rental at Norwalk on 10-15-07 ?
There will be 90 of us there.
If you would like to go let me know asap as I have 1 extra spot paid for.
It could be yours for what I paid for it------$25.00

Regards
Chuck

·
Registered
805 Posts
Nice choice, and I love the color.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Wendy,

I was looking over your time slip and what you have to work on is getting the 60 foot time down to the 2.000 range. I am guessing that right now your SUBLIME is 100% stock, is that correct ? You first mod should be the .25 cent fan mod. Once Spring gets here I would then change over to the 180 T-Stat for your 2nd mod. Then the 3rd mod would be a Cold Air Package.

With just those mods, my car, CHERRY has rub these numbers.

8.807 @ 79.427
13.726 @ 100.338 (my best mph is 102.03)

Regards
Chuck

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you met my friend AL.
What track are you racing at ?
Are you going to go to the track rental at Norwalk on 10-15-07 ?
There will be 90 of us there.
If you would like to go let me know asap as I have 1 extra spot paid for.
It could be yours for what I paid for it------$25.00

Regards
Chuck

I was at Norwalk.

I sure wish I could go on the 15th but I can't get off of work :-(

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wendy,

I was looking over your time slip and what you have to work on is getting the 60 foot time down to the 2.000 range. I am guessing that right now your SUBLIME is 100% stock, is that correct ? You first mod should be the .25 cent fan mod. Once Spring gets here I would then change over to the 180 T-Stat for your 2nd mod. Then the 3rd mod would be a Cold Air Package.

With just those mods, my car, CHERRY has rub these numbers.

8.807 @ 79.427
13.726 @ 100.338 (my best mph is 102.03)

Regards
Chuck
Hi Chuck,

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
You're right, I'm 100% stock and I know next to nothing about cars. Al could probably attest to the blank look on my face when he started telling me what he had on his car :lol: but I want to learn. I was looking straight at COI and exhaust.

So, I have some homework to do to see what the .25 cent fan and 180 T-Stat are!!! I'm loving your numbers!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!!!

Wendy

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Wendy,

We were all there. Cherry is spot on, three easy things. The 25 cent fan mod takes a 5 minute trip to radio shack and about 45 seconds of work. The tstat is two bolts out, two bolts in...the CAI takes a bit longer but has good instructions.

PM me when you are ready to do any of the above. I've talked to more than 50 members over the years on the phone....helping spot a part, etc...

Speed is awesome, the torque and hp these daily drivers have is fun.... :grin:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wendy,

We were all there. Cherry is spot on, three easy things. The 25 cent fan mod takes a 5 minute trip to radio shack and about 45 seconds of work. The tstat is two bolts out, two bolts in...the CAI takes a bit longer but has good instructions.

PM me when you are ready to do any of the above. I've talked to more than 50 members over the years on the phone....helping spot a part, etc...

Speed is awesome, the torque and hp these daily drivers have is fun.... :grin:
Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely take you up on your offer.

I am amazed at how helpful people are on this forum!!! I am so glad I found you all :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts