Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I used to have a 02 TA WS6 with M6 tranny but then the third child came and the car was not practical. So me and my wife tried the 4 banger econobox for several years but have never really been happy. Recently we have been bitten by the new car bug and was thinking about a mid sized SUV but then I started thinking about a charger RT. It was in our price range so we started looking and we found a white 07 still new in Wichita, KS and asked our local dealer if they could get it for us. I have never driven one but I think from what everything I've heard that we will really like it--and it holds a family of five! My only complaint is that you can not get it in a manual tranny. I loved the 6 speed in our Trans Am. What's up with the Auto stick? It's not the same no matter how many times the dealer tried to tell us that! Anyway, hope to learn a little on this site. Thanks,

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the forums from VA! I don't have any experience with the V8 Chargers (I have the V6) but I am pleased so I think with an additional 90 hp you get with the Hemi you will be too! The autostick just allows you to up and down shift without a clutch, just bump it to either side (the car's comp won't let you over-rev and kill the engine though). Also, the Hemi's shut down half of their cylinders when at crusing speed so you don't burn as much fuel so that is another plus for the Charger! I'm sure some other helpful Charger RT will step up and tell you even more about how awesome the Charger is! Good luck with the car!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from Washington!!!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! Autostick can be fun, but it is a little overrated. As was previously posted, you can not over rev the engine with it. It will down shift as soon as the vehicle redlines. You CAN however use it to aggressively achieve the maximum regulated speed limit ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I must say...I'm impressed. I picked up thte car today and I've had a smile on my face all day! I would have to say that the exhaust note is a bit too quiet, but I have been researching this and it looks like one of the most economical "fix" is to get rid of the resonators at the end of the pipe and put on a tip. Anyone else done this here and how do you like it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. With the Daytona, I don't have a problem with the exhaust being loud enough. In fact, my wife thinks it should be quieter (what does she know). I'm currently visiting my son in Seattle, who has a Chrysler 300C, and his exhaust is much quieter than mine.

Most people have reported that removing the resonators causes objectionable drone when the MDS kicks in. Many people have removed the "suitcase" (muffler) leaving just the resonators and have been pleased with the sound. The only problem with this is that some people have reported that their resonators started "rattling" after sometime with the suitcase removed.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Congrats and
to the forums from Northern Illinois!

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City!!. You'll love the car, even with an auto. trans.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee--you'll love the R/T!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Wichita

What's the deal going north to buy a car? We went to K.C. to get our '07 red R/T a little over 2 weeks ago. If you had car sent from davis moore I may have looked at it as they had 2 at the time, don't worry I didn't drive it:lol:
I really am impressed with these cars, they rock. I find more neat stuff about them everyday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts