Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Apologies for my first post being a need to get some real advice.

I have just purchased a new 2013 Dodge Charger RT+ and want to do a plug and play performance upgrade or chip.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I don't want to spend too much but I was thinking of a air intake system. A K&N Filter and a chip.

Would this be sufficient to boost the performance and if so can someone please point me in the right direction as to which products I need to purchase?

Does anyone know any garages in the UAE that can install the upgrades as well?

Guys any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete novice to this.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Spend some time reading on the site, you have lots of options. I think diablo is a good direction to look at. Also, I'm a fan of the mopar intake. It has a nice clean look.

Big congrats on the new car and Welcome to the site. Throw up some photos when you get a chance.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome... As stated above, do a few searches and you will find a wealth of postings relative to CAIs and programmers. And pics are a must when you purchase a new vehicle.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome, from Canada.

I was a long time lurker, and I think my first post was to get some help.

Anyway, the cold air intake and tuner were my first mods. Back then, I had no clue when it came to cars, so I had the dealership install my mopar intake. Since then, I've learned that I could have done it myself, which would have taken a little more time but it would have been fun and I know I would have done everything perfectly. The tuner, I got a diablosport predator, and did it myself.

In terms of intake/filter, I think with a bit of research on this forum, you can do it yourself and save some money. For chip/tuner, diablosport seems to be the gold standard around here. It's a small programmer you plug into your car, it backs up your factory computer settings and loads a performance one you choose (and you can also get a custom tune). I don't know about HP increase, but the car feels like the way it should have been from the factory. It goes when you push the pedal, without that weird delay in most cars.

For the 2013, the tuner is the intune dcx, if you want to just load a tune and be done with it. For other features, you can get the more expensive trinity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts