Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 3.5 V6 SE and love it. I have a few questions as I am not much a of car person :)

I had a friend suggest throwing on a Cherry Bomb Vortex because it will sound better, is that true? (I only have a single exhaust and can't afford much more than the $150 I was quoted to put that on)

Also, I have 17" wheels and they are the chrome under lug wheel covers (which look good from 20 ft away) but are still basically hub caps. I looked into rims and everyone tells me I can't change them on my car because of something to do with the brake calipers?? Is there any brand of 17"s out there that will work so I don't have to replace all my tires by buying larger rims.

Thanks in advance, sorry for being so car ignorant, I'm an artist...

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Yes an aftermarket exhaust will make your car sound better and give it a throatier sound. Search for youtube clips of members with aftermarket exhausts on their 3.5's. You will be amazed. And I'm sure you can find some 17" rims that will fit over the calipers. Our rotors/calipers are not that big. But be advised 17" aftermarket rims will look basically stock. You should just hold off on the rims until you have enough to buy 20's or if you want you can get the Charger R/T 18" rims with tires for around $350. Check on craigslist or ebay.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Welcome from So. Cal.

I went Magnaflow (the Bigfuzz23 Setup) and 20" rims.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Look in the classifieds section- people are always switching and dumping rims there-
I sold stock 17" 5 spoke alloys with new tires and 20 chrome Clads with tires there before - so keep a eye out- And please just save up for atleast some 20"-

these big cars were meant to have bigger then 17" wheels on them- well in my opinion

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just did the single straight pipe with a glass pack. Sounds great!! They did it so that when I'm ready I can add a second one on the other side but not even sure it needs it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Modifications to this point look good!!!

20" Liquid metal rims, Yokahoma Tires, Dual exhaust, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, Mopar CAI, Limo tint, Honeycomb mesh grille, LED Tails, Ram air scoop, LED blue interior lighting............what's next??? Maybe lower her a bit?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looking good so far! Next move should be to get rid of the side moldings on the doors and if thats a Hemi badge on the front fender that should go away also since it's a v6..Definitely a sweet looking ride you got there! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Lookin' Good!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I was considering thaking off the molding. I think it's too cold here in Chicago to do that now though. Wouldn't it come off easier when it's warm out??

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Your car looks great! :bigthumb: I really like that color. I think I'm the only person on this forum that actually likes the look of the side moldings. :ugh2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took the moldings off today...looks good. Took a lot of elbow grease though. There is a slight difference in color under where the trim was, it's a hair darker, any way to blend it or will it eventually even out?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Took the moldings off today...looks good. Took a lot of elbow grease though. There is a slight difference in color under where the trim was, it's a hair darker, any way to blend it or will it eventually even out?
I am not 100% sure but it should eventually even itself out with exposure to the sun..Is your car a Deep Water Blue Pearl?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I say grab used R/T exhaust you get some great sound without the interior cabin drone.

As for the rims, I suggest 18's or 20's, I wouldn't go bigger than that because you'll sacrifice power and handling. Unless you don't mind cruisin' that is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts