Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 r/t was stalling and cutting off, I tried the key dance and came out with codes p1521 and p2110 first. Had oil change and throttle body cleaned and right after that. Car started almost right up, rough idle first and then it finally calmed down after a few mins. Drove the car and the mil and etc lights are still on with even more codes now... Help please...
New codes are p2110 p2118 p0118 and p1521...

Im trying to avoid going to the dealer $=0:confused:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My 06 r/t was stalling and cutting off, I tried the key dance and came out with codes p1521 and p2110 first. Had oil change and throttle body cleaned and right after that. Car started almost right up, rough idle first and then it finally calmed down after a few mins. Drove the car and the mil and etc lights are still on with even more codes now... Help please...
New codes are p2110 p2118 p0118 and p1521...

Im trying to avoid going to the dealer $=0:confused:
P1521 is wrong type oil,the Hemi is suppose to have 5w20.
P2110 is Electronic throttle LTD rpm,which could be the throttle plate is stuck,the ETC(electronic throttle control)is open or shorted to ground,in other words has something to do with the cleaning they did on the throttle body.I dont know what exactly they did,but the service they did,caused your codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I have been looking around on here and I know what the codes mean but I guess Im just trying to find the best way to fix them... or even where to start?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
change the oil and put the right grade in, also check ur throttle and see if its stuck open take tp were u got the oil changed and have them fix it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as soon as i saw the code i went and got my oil changed to the right grade, and i filled my tank up with the right grade of gas and then it started stalling bad... Not even 10 minutes after getting the right oil...

idk its stressing me out... 5 years this month is my Charger Dying!!??

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
as soon as i saw the code i went and got my oil changed to the right grade, and i filled my tank up with the right grade of gas and then it started stalling bad... Not even 10 minutes after getting the right oil...

idk its stressing me out... 5 years this month is my Charger Dying!!??
Sounds to me like the throttle body is .......

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Get a helper

Find someone to help you out....remove the air intake and take a look at the throttle body (it should be shiny clean if the oil change guys didn't rip you off)

Have your helper start the car and gently depress and release the gas pedal over and over. See if the throttle body moves smoothly in response to their actions. If not and it stalls, you may have a problem with the throttle body itself or the position sensor.

If you can do without the car for a couple days, you could replace the TB yourself and save $$$

**EDIT** Additional thought: make sure the sensors wires are all plugged in completely and aren't loose from the guys that were monkeying around under the hood.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take it back to the service center that worked on the car. You say they cleaned the throttle body how did they clean it? There are sensors in the t.b. That can be damaged if cleaned incorrectly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts