Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

This is my first post and I have a 4-week ol R/T that my first engine mod was to add the K&N CAI. Since putting it in, I have noticed that about half the time, when I try to start the car it will crank but not fire until I feed the gas. One thing I noticed in reviewing the instructions that I failed to do is disconenct the battery when I installed it. Does the PCM need to be reset when adding a CAI?

Also, I recently ordered a JET Stage II and the 180-degree T-stat for my second change, but was going to do this before the Borla Cat-Back which I would need to wait a few months to raise the money for. Is there any downside to putting in the stage II tuner before having a free-flowing exhaust?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You don't need to disconnect the battery for CAI installation, even though it says to. My car also had a hard time starting for the first 1000 miles, but it's fine now. Kinda worked itself out. It wouldn't hurt to reset by pulling the #11 fuse (do a search to find how).

If you're able to, I'd cancel the JET chip and put that money toward either a B&G, Superchips, or a Predator. If not, there is not real downside to putting it in prior to the cat back.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jackie for the response. Does SC have a tuner for the 07 yet? Everywhere I found it, it stated for 06 and before only. And Predator hasn't shipped yet, so if no SC, does B&G ahve a tuner for the 07?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You don't need to disconnect the battery for CAI installation, even though it says to. My car also had a hard time starting for the first 1000 miles, but it's fine now. Kinda worked itself out. It wouldn't hurt to reset by pulling the #11 fuse (do a search to find how).

If you're able to, I'd cancel the JET chip and put that money toward either a B&G, Superchips, or a Predator. If not, there is not real downside to putting it in prior to the cat back.
I agree the factory pcm actually adapts to the jet chip which negates any horsepower gains. Yes b&g does offer 07 programing.
-Bill

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks Jackie for the response. Does SC have a tuner for the 07 yet? Everywhere I found it, it stated for 06 and before only. And Predator hasn't shipped yet, so if no SC, does B&G ahve a tuner for the 07?
You're right, the Predator is not ready. Superchips supports 2007 Chargers. I have a Superchips and like it a lot, but I also ordered the Predator. I'll be my own judge and keep the one I like best. B&G is a great option that I'm still considering. All depends how "deep" I want to go into the motor (although not necessary).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts