Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:neutral: Well I'm trying to buy a Daytona which brought me to this site, I've been reading over it all day (during the race) like what I saw so I had to join. I saw some comments about invoice and dealer markups. the one I found is @ my local dealer asking 37,814 . It's loaded with serious sat, u-connect, navag etc.... and it's#280 of 4000. If any one knows what was invoice on these and do I have any wiggle room? Or am I stuck at there asking price? I'll have to admit when the first pics were released I wasn't to crazy about it but since the day Isaw the first one up close and personal they grew on me. Then as I've been shopping around and got to drive one what can I say I'm hooked. And seeing as how I own a 68 Charger in orange my new one also must be. and because of this the SRT8 is out of the question. To get this thing I'm gonna hafta part with a few toys :sad:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
jshifty1 said:
:neutral: Well I'm trying to buy a Daytona which brought me to this site, I've been reading over it all day (during the race) like what I saw so I had to join. I saw some comments about invoice and dealer markups. the one I found is @ my local dealer asking 37,814 . It's loaded with serious sat, u-connect, navag etc.... and it's#280 of 4000. If any one knows what was invoice on these and do I have any wiggle room? Or am I stuck at there asking price? I'll have to admit when the first pics were released I wasn't to crazy about it but since the day Isaw the first one up close and personal they grew on me. Then as I've been shopping around and got to drive one what can I say I'm hooked. And seeing as how I own a 68 Charger in orange my new one also must be. and because of this the SRT8 is out of the question. To get this thing I'm gonna hafta part with a few toys :sad:
there is about $2500 between invoice and MSRP... go to edmunds.com and you can build one and see what invoice is...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did a quick edmunds thing it came within a thousand bucks thanks for the tip didn't know about edmunds. did do NADA not much help.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Edmunds rocks! Got my RT for invoice less the $500 (even though I didn't finance through Chrysler).

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Is the dealer charging a premium for the Daytona? I know when I got my 300c the dealers in So Cal were marking the cars up between $5000-8000. With the Charger being the next hottest car, I'm sure they will try this. Keep in mind that there is a diffrence between MSRP and invoice. If they are asking for a premium you've got your work cut out.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
fatchance said:
Is the dealer charging a premium for the Daytona? I know when I got my 300c the dealers in So Cal were marking the cars up between $5000-8000. With the Charger being the next hottest car, I'm sure they will try this. Keep in mind that there is a diffrence between MSRP and invoice. If they are asking for a premium you've got your work cut out.
here in AZ one dealer has a 4K markup on thier daytona's... but I dodnt know anyone that paid MSRP for thiers here.... think we all got ours for below MSRP

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
37814 - the 500cash plus 5000 trade in for 01 taurus gets me to 32,310. sticking point is the trade in needs to be 1000 more. Than sell 57 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop and go get the Daytona. thats the plan. No premiums at this time and from what I can tell they,ve had this for a while.the guy I'm dealing with seems sincere in the fact he'd like to see me with the car. his quote "someone who will appreciate what he has". It would certainly be cool to have the 68 Charger (hemi orange) and the 06 in GoManGo.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
here in AZ one dealer has a 4K markup on thier daytona's... but I dodnt know anyone that paid MSRP for thiers here.... think we all got ours for below MSRP

That's good to hear. I haven't looked at the Chargers here, but in So Cal they didn't budge on the 300c and the Magnum. It was a real pain to get the car. If that's the case do some homework and play hardball.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts