Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just checked out the new Charger last night at the local dealership and was very impressed. I'm planning on trading in my truck and getting a car sometimes soon and now the Charger has just gotten on to my list of possibles. Here is the list so far, I know some very different cars.

2006 Charger R/T
C5 (Z06 if I can get a good deal on a newer used one)
Lincoln LS
300C
GTO
04 Mustang Cobra (although I'm not crazy about the Mustang because they are every where you look).

Now here is my question to you guys, how can you convince me to get the Charger over the others on my list, what does it have/do that the others don't? As stupid as this may sound one of the things steering me away from the Vette is that I have a German Shepard and I don't think he'll fit to well in that car.

One more thing I might add is that the ultimate speed is not all that important, like if the GTO is .3 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile it wouldn't matter to me right now, I've got all the speed I need on two wheels.

Thanks for your help.

Josh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Josh,
You dont have to worry about your buddy fitting in the charger. I was shocked how roomy it is. Both my German Shepherd and Golden Retriver will fit in it. :dog:

Heather

·
Registered
259 Posts
For a starting price 29 the charger is the best buy josh based on your line up of cars.
My second would be the 300c drove both of them.

Rocky

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Corvette had always been my "one day" dream car. I chose the Charger over it just because I could actually afford it. The money difference was just too much for me to justify a vette. I almost reached that limit with the cost of the Charger.

The other thing was the size. I'm not Orson Welles, but I'm no Lance Armstrong either. I sat in the C6 at an auto show and was for the first time truely not liking the vette. C4 was a much better fit for me. Same thing with the new Mustang (I've hated them since the 80, but love the new look). It just does not have enough space inside. I don't have any pets, but I do have two kids and a wife. That was the main thing about the Charger. I could actually fit all of them plus another kid and luggage in the car and still have great power. Even if I did have a dog it would never see the inside of the car. I'm just a little too Howard Hughes about that kind of stuff.

At first I was looking at the 300C until I read that DCX was making the Charger. The 300 is a cool car, but just too blingy for me. I thoroughly enjoyed test driving it though. If the Charger wasn't made I would probably have a 300C.

Regarding the GTO. It has the new vette engine and is 400HP stock. That's awesome and actually made me sit in one. But let me just put it this way, they could have put a 600HP engine and only charged 20K for the car and I still would not have gotten it. It just does not look good to me at all inside or out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys/gals,

Thanks for all the advice it helps. I read a review in MPH magazine last night where it had the GTO vs Mustang vs Charger and after reading it the Charger is 100% what I am looking for. I thought long and hard about it last night and I want a car that is somewhat sporty but with a smooth ride and more refined feel to it. From what I read the Charger R/T sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. It's still going to be about a month or two before I get it but at least I've narrowed my search down now to:

Charger R/T
Lincoln LS
Cadilac CTS

But the Charger is on top by quite a bit right now.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Busa413 said:
Hey guys/gals,

Thanks for all the advice it helps. I read a review in MPH magazine last night where it had the GTO vs Mustang vs Charger and after reading it the Charger is 100% what I am looking for. I thought long and hard about it last night and I want a car that is somewhat sporty but with a smooth ride and more refined feel to it. From what I read the Charger R/T sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. It's still going to be about a month or two before I get it but at least I've narrowed my search down now to:

Charger R/T
Lincoln LS
Cadilac CTS

But the Charger is on top by quite a bit right now.
That CTS is an awful nice car, but isn't the price difference rather large?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts