Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Looking at buying an 07 SRT8 executive demo and was looking for some info first. Is there a FAQ someplace that explains issues with these cars, things to look for, etc? Don't wanna bother the oldies with repetitive questions if everything has already been covered. I hate when people do that.

Thanks,

Mike Levy
2002 Dinan 540iA Sport (for now)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
someone could give you the link just check the trans o rings have been an issue sometimes

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Mike! :wave:

There isn't a FAQ section, but there are a bunch of stickies that might help. :)

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from Las Vegas! The worst problem with Chargers is how it makes you susceptible to moditis. You become quite simply a vulnerable target.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There is a thread where almost all of the common problems to look for are listed. You should be able to find it using the search function. However, make sure the coolant gunk serivce has been done, there was trunk lid rubbing TSB I believe, a sun-roof rattle TSB, also as someone else mentioned the trans o rings. I can't give you specifics as to whether all these issues apply to the SRT (I know the coolant issue does). Welcome!
-J

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Illinois!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Demo?

Thinking about a Demo? Take a close look at the rear tires, check the rear wheelwells and lower quarters for specs of rubber! Pass on the vehicle if there's a lot of rubber spray or if the wheelwells look like they have been scrubbed clean!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The worst problem with Chargers is how it makes you susceptible to moditis. You become quite simply a vulnerable target.
Why is it I always pick a car that has this contageous disease attached to it? First, it was my 90 Camaro RS, then 92 Mustang GT, to my old 93 Corvette, to my 01 Corvette Z06 and my 86 Monte Carlo SS. Now, I have it really bad with my 07 Daytona R/T!! Make sure you budget extra for the mods!! My wife won't let me mod mine till I sell all my old Z06 parts, so I am having a mod money raising sale on the Corvette Forum :tongue: If anyone knows of someone with a Z06, I've got plenty of parts left!! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. Boy, this is a friendly board. Don't usually get that. :D

I will check out the TSBs, and the rear tires.

I already know all about the moditis. For some reason I always buy cars that beg for mods too (90 Mustang LX, 98 Neon, 93 Camaro, 96 Trans Am, 2000 Grand Prix GTP, 2002 540i).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts