Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas & Ladies,
I'm new to posting here on the forum, but I've had my Charger R/T sinse June and the factory wheels aren't doing it for me anymore. I've ordered a set of 20" chrome Neeper N5's. What do ya'll think? I wanted to keep it traditional not gangster so I chose the 20's over 22's and a pretty conservative style. They sort of looks like the SRT-8 wheels. Anyways I'll be wraping these babies in 255/45/20 Nitto 420S tires. Your opinion are much appriciated on both. There being installed on Saturday morning just before the football game. I'll post pics after the game sometime!

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
The N5's are sweet.. I had just chose those to go on my ride when I get it.. Please post some pictures when you get them on!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Awesome look. can't wait to see pics on car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good choice on tire size and brand. Nitto's are excellent quality. Those tires should take up most of the wheel gap if not the mopar 1" drop will finish it off just right.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did A LOT of research on the proper tire and wheel size that should fit perfectly without any problems with ride or computer systems. If anyone needs the info let me know!

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you don't mind me asking.. Where did you get them? Did you get the 15 offset?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the Neepers online at www.bigwheels.net last Sunday. They had to be special ordered from Neeper in Chicago but are now enroute to Lincoln. T.O. Haas tire here in Lincoln has the Nitto's for me just waiting for Saturday morning to get here. The offset is 15mm.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Very, very nice.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Yep! Like 'em.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice, total cost if you dont mind?

·
Registered
630 Posts
HuskerCharger312 said:
I did A LOT of research on the proper tire and wheel size that should fit perfectly without any problems with ride or computer systems. If anyone needs the info let me know!
Lets see if your number compare to mine:
Stock RT:
225/60x18, diameter = 727.2mm (28.63")

255/45x20, diameter = 737.5mm (29.04") 1.4% bigger
245/45x20, diameter = 728.5mm (28.68") 0.17% bigger
275/40x20, diameter = 728.0mm (28.66") 0.10% bigger
Based on those, the 245/45's would be a better match (275 would be huge, not sure they'd be my first pick). But the 1.4% for the ones you are getting put you within the acceptable range (+/- 3%).

I think these will look pretty good on the Charger and I am eager to see your pics.

·
Banned
103 Posts
a nice fat lip would look pretty damn good in the rear. 20x9.5 in the front and 20x11.5 in the rear.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Sir, I believe our numbers match perfectly. The 255's will fit great. There is a R/T and a Magmun with the same size tires at the dealer down the street from me and they look sweet. I wanted to fill out the wheel well without changing the suspension. I thought about possibly going with a 275 on back but Nitto doesn't make the same tire that will fit.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Tomorrow is the big day! Don't forget about us!! We want pictures!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPS dropped off the wheels this afternoon and they're awesome. I can't wait for the morning! I'll have some pictures tomorrow after the game.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car is at T.O. Haas as we speak getting it's new rubber. I'm at work and the suspense is killing me!! I'll post some pictures around five or so (central time), you won't be disappointed. Just mounted on the Nitto's they look sweet.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that is going to look great on your car man!!! can't wait to see what the tires look like also as they have some size to it....should look awesome...i hate the huge rim - rubber band size tire look! keep us posted when you get em on and if you don't mind me asking - how much did the whole setup cost you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts