3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
yeah i found this out the hard way when trying to change a flat a while back...the dealership wrenched them on with impact...so they were super tight...and deformed the corners...i carry a star wrench and a small bottle jack, well they were rendered useless as the lugs were way too tight and the wrench just spun the lug caps and i couldnt get the tire off...so i had to hammer a 21mm socket onto the lugs to remove them...this was before the tsb was out...but i got a free set of lugs from the dealership for my troubles...and it was all good...This is very good info

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Here's one for ya. The first time I went to remove a tire, tried using the handle for the scissor jack, and it did not fit. Would this be due to the lug nut malformation?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I've been using a 13/16 hex socket and she fits tight as a glove. Although, I'll have to get my hands on 21mm socket just to see which actually fits better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.