Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Boooo 8-speed transmissions. Have you been in an IS-F with an 8-speed? It's annoying.

·
Registered
968 Posts
What's wrong with an 8-speed... better gas mileage and acceleration. The only downsize is very slightly more weight/complexity and constantly shifting gears.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
sounds interesting... thanks for posting

2011 Dodge Charger
Dodge is keeping its lips sealed as far as hard details on its next-generation Charger, but we're guaranteed the car will top CAFE standards for fuel consumption and emissions. That's thanks partly to a new 8-speed transmission that should make the most out of whatever engine Dodge puts behind the headlights. The car will continue to be rear-wheel drive, and odds are a few performance variations will likely hang around to live up to the Charger name.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Boooo 8-speed transmissions. Have you been in an IS-F with an 8-speed? It's annoying.
That's what I've heard too

Putting semi transmissions in cars now?
As long as it's not a CVT!

I think I remember Chrysler at one point was working on a dual clutch gearbox. Odd gears to one clutch, even gears to another. Supposed to be very very very quick shifts as power is transferred immediately as the other clutch is ready to go the instant the other disengages. Fiat also has a dual clutch gearbox in production, I wonder if the tech is adopted Fiat tech. http://www.leftlanenews.com/fiat-to-launch-dual-clutch-transmission-in-2009.html Or if it the culmination of Chrysler's research into DCT's.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
That's what I've heard too

As long as it's not a CVT!

I think I remember Chrysler at one point was working on a dual clutch gearbox. Odd gears to one clutch, even gears to another. Supposed to be very very very quick shifts as power is transferred immediately as the other clutch is ready to go the instant the other disengages. Fiat also has a dual clutch gearbox in production, I wonder if the tech is adopted Fiat tech. http://www.leftlanenews.com/fiat-to-launch-dual-clutch-transmission-in-2009.html Or if it the culmination of Chrysler's research into DCT's.
I believe that's what Audi has in a few of there cars. Supposedly wicked fast shift times, bordering on F1 speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts