Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I just recently bought a 09 charger sxt 3.5L V6. My first of many questions to come is whats the best gas to use to keep my engine running good?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hey Bro, welcome to the forums. I would not use the lowest grade available. Cheap is not always good. Use 89 or better, dont bother with 91 or 93 unless you have a Predator or a Superchips hand held tuner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Bro, welcome to the forums. I would not use the lowest grade available. Cheap is not always good. Use 89 or better, dont bother with 91 or 93 unless you have a Predator or a Superchips hand held tuner.
x2, welcome

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, I run shell.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
X3 Welcome from Reno,NV

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Welcome to the Forums from Chicago!

Stick with the Grade recommended for your car, just stay away from the low brands. I've gone from BP to Shell & back to BP. BP seems to run much better to ME!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
welcome from San Diego! just use 89 and ull be ok, stay away from 87

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Welcome from Southern Maryland. .

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
v6's use Gas? Really? Ah crap, i keep telling everyone they are a hybrid :D

89 is plenty fine - welcome to the charger club.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from "the great white north" eh.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey Guys I just recently bought a 09 charger sxt 3.5L V6. My first of many questions to come is whats the best gas to use to keep my engine running good?
welcome! make sure you save ALL of your oil change receipts. if you just buy the stuff yourself, make a scan of the receipt since it will fade over time... just to protect yourself later if something happens. dealers are backstabbers!

Welcome to the club!!!!! lots of stuff here. go to the charger assistance/problems section, and the very top post is something like "All you ever wanted to know... DIY (do it yourself)." its a great post, so you can figure out stuff and not get yelled at for repeating the same question someone has already asked a million times.

Welcome again!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
well, first: welcome!

love your car, don´t run in the first start of the day, wait to gain the correct temp. in the engine, wait a minute to shift from P to R or D...

use synthetic oil, like mobil 1 ... do the services.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Welcome from Sagamore Hills, OHIO

The Fixation has begun!! Welcome too to the best forum!!

Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040

1 - 17 of 17 Posts