Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello as a nubie here. As you can see from my signature, I have a few performance cars but the SRT 8 on order will be my first Mopar/Benz and my daily driver. I have had a deposit down "at MSRP" since June, so I hope to be part of the first allocation. I would not mind if delivery was delayed since I would prefer to not take delivery in the middle of a snow storm. I even passed on the all season tires in favor of the better performance tires. Wonder if AWD will be offered in 07?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Welcome. I dont think AWD will be offered. Tons of AWD ubersedans, not to many RWD rockets. Not on this level of performance, anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good to meet you, welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Howdy SRT/8, welcome to the forum, and the wait :)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
SRT/8 said:
Just want to say hello as a nubie here. As you can see from my signature, I have a few performance cars but the SRT 8 on order will be my first Mopar/Benz and my daily driver. I have had a deposit down "at MSRP" since June, so I hope to be part of the first allocation. I would not mind if delivery was delayed since I would prefer to not take delivery in the middle of a snow storm. I even passed on the all season tires in favor of the better performance tires. Wonder if AWD will be offered in 07?
I would imagine there would have to be a tremendous customer demand to justify the expense when they can already sell out every SRT8 made. Perhaps if after the initial push the sales soften up they could add it.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Hello all! Another newbie here. You guys are keeping me somewhat
sane. I feel like I'm in some kind of addiction meeting. Hi, I'm a
Chargeaholic. I have a Black SRT-8 on order and I am going crazy
waiting for it. You all have great info and pics here, people able to
track orders, sitings, and an SRT-8 test drive at a dealer. Trust me
I'm on here everyday sometimes 5 or 6 times. Anyway I feel your pain.
One thing about the AWD, I had heard from a dealer that the SRT was
suppose to have it but had issues due to whatever and they scraped it
for now. Not sure if that is true just what I was told. Keep up the good
work people. :clap: :wave:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Howdy 4DEATER and SRT/8! Welcome to heaven on a bun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome, Hopefully you'll get your car soon.
I'm am a newbie here as well. No Charger on order yet.
I do like the car though. Fun seeing what these guys
have done to the cars.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Hey Stri9r, Mr. test driver. That must have been a fun test. I freaked when I saw your first post about seeing a SRT then completely had a meltdown when you drove it. Awsome man. Good find. It's that kind of stuff that keeps me here. :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to be on board

Just wanted to say hi to everyone....getting ready to trade in one of our PT's and get the SRT8 charger....I keep telling my wife this is my second "mid life delema" car...and my biggest justification points are as follows.....
1. Gee honey...it has 4 doors
2. Really pulls up our big hills and mountians here with ease having that "bit of extra horse power".
3. You dont really like the hatch back anyway....right?????

so....at 51 here I go...gotta have the big ponies under the hood and as god knows...the modifications will proceed when it gets home.

good to know you all...lets have some fun here. I have a nice PT as well..its been in a few magazines...very moded out....will not pass smog out here in N Cal so....that clears the way for yet another replacement car...hmmmmm...lets see......... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts