Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I've been using this forum for research for quite a while, my wife and I are researching four door cars (first child is on the way) and the Charger is on the list. I'm glad I found a forum dedicated to these cars, forums have helped with choosing and modding our current Corvette and previous cars. This looks like a great forum!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
thanks for the comments :)...Glad to see that the Charger is a choice! Any questions about them or anything?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Hi All, I've been using this forum for research for quite a while, my wife and I are researching four door cars (first child is on the way) and the Charger is on the list. I'm glad I found a forum dedicated to these cars, forums have helped with choosing and modding our current Corvette and previous cars. This looks like a great forum!
Welcome to chargerforums.com...there are so many knowledgeable, and friendly people here...glad you could join us.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome From So Cal!

Welcome to the Charger Forum!

I'm assuming you have driven one already?

Bet ya can't drive it just once! :wink:

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
welcome from indy!!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee--this IS a great forum--go for the charger.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Northern Illinois!

Our boys love the Charger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the comments :)...Glad to see that the Charger is a choice! Any questions about them or anything?
Thanks for the quick replies; no major questions yet, thanks to the search function and the rest of the Internet!

We've been looking at cars and driving them for several months, we really like smaller four-door sedans, and we've especially liked the MB C-class, the Audi A4, and the Infiniti G35. However, our price range ($25K) limits us to used examples of these models. The Charger is the only four-door with RWD/AWD we like that we could get new. The biggest gripe I have so far is that AFAIK the only way to get leather interior is to get the R/T version, and we don't want to pay extra for the rims, Hemi, etc.

That's the main issue we're facing, do we get what we WANT, or do we get what we can easily AFFORD. It's been a long time since we had to make car payments, and it's such a drag contemplating paying off a $30K car.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome from Northern Cali. I have 2 kids, in car seats, and the Charger fits them both with lots of room. Its a great family car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! I also have the 2 car seat mod :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can always have the leather added Later. i Found a Guy here in Tx can do it for 1000 to 1500 depending on what i wanted Custom leather vs Stock? No contest. Welcome to the CF

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City!!.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I also have 2 kids in car seats and I have to say the Charger fits them, their stuff (stroller, bags, chairs, etc) very well with room to spare. Not to mention, all Chargers look good doing so. My opinion is if you're spending $25K why skimp for a few grand? I'd prefer to spend a little extra to really like what I was spending the money on. I think having an RT is the way to go vs the V6. From what I've read there isn't much of a MPG difference (since 5.7L has MDS) and the extra power is nice.
IMO, go for the RT.
-J

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies; no major questions yet, thanks to the search function and the rest of the Internet!

We've been looking at cars and driving them for several months, we really like smaller four-door sedans, and we've especially liked the MB C-class, the Audi A4, and the Infiniti G35. However, our price range ($25K) limits us to used examples of these models. The Charger is the only four-door with RWD/AWD we like that we could get new. The biggest gripe I have so far is that AFAIK the only way to get leather interior is to get the R/T version, and we don't want to pay extra for the rims, Hemi, etc.

That's the main issue we're facing, do we get what we WANT, or do we get what we can easily AFFORD. It's been a long time since we had to make car payments, and it's such a drag contemplating paying off a $30K car.

Thanks again!
Welcome to the Forum! Another very kid friendly thing about Chargers is the fold down split seats and the roomy trunk. These become important for (1) buying diapers, kid supplies, etc in bulk; and (2) transporting bicycles, strollers and all that new has-to-be-assembled furniture.

My kids are now beyond car seat age, and they love the Charger. Its roomy and comfortable in the back seat, where they will be spending most of their time until they are about 12 years old (or around 100 pounds ...)

Sorry for the long post -- whatever you decide, good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts